Import / Export qquestion

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Import / Export qquestion

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Is it possible say add all my inventory resources into SWGAide then export to JsF and visa versa or do I have to enter them twice?

Also is there a way to simply use SWG Craft to enter my resources then export that list to SWGAide and Jsf?

Do I have to hand enter all resources AND all thier stats, or does either Utility have ability to fill in blanks for older resources not currently in spawn?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Import / Export qquestion

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:13 pm

RebelDawg wrote:Is it possible say add all my inventory resources into SWGAide then export to JsF and visa versa or do I have to enter them twice?

Also is there a way to simply use SWG Craft to enter my resources then export that list to SWGAide and Jsf?

Do I have to hand enter all resources AND all thier stats, or does either Utility have ability to fill in blanks for older resources not currently in spawn?
1) SWGAide can already export its resource data and the format is well documented in the help text for the inventory panel, at that panel just click F1 or use the Help menu. And the other way around, SWGAide can import data on the documented format.

The format is the same format as the old MyRes used, so it has many years of usage behind and is public, which was the main reason I choose. I didn't want to introduce yet another format special to SWGAide but nothing else ;)

If for nothing else you should export data every now and then in the case something goes really wrong and not even the backup files of SWGAide.DAT in the backup folder are useful.

If there is anything in particular that cannot be exported/imported from SWGAide, give a shout in the SWGAide thread :)

2) I don't know how you want to enter data at SWGCraft and export it to SWGAide, but if I have missed some feature here I am more than happy to learn about it (sometimes I am so stressed that I overlook some post or decide to check up on something later on but forgets about it, I am sorry folks).

3)
Nope, read the help text for the resource inventory (click F1 at the inventory panel) and see how you only need to write down the names of the resources (only resource for the current galaxy) and the amount in an in-game notes file, any name for the file is OK but it must not be located outside the default folder for notes files. SWGAide looks up the stats at SWGCraft if possible and fills it in. Only those resources that are not present at SWGCraft are left blank, and then I suggest you fill submit that resource at SWGCraft as an old resource (there is a feature for that here) and after that edit the resource in SWGAide's inventory and click the "Lookup" button at the edit dialog to download the stats.

/Zimoon

PS: Updated with replies to 2 and 3 which I left out the first time.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:24 pm

RebelDawg wrote:Is it possible say add all my inventory resources into SWGAide then export to JsF and visa versa or do I have to enter them twice?

For what concerns JnF, there's currently an export/import function, but it exports data in a csv file, incompatible with SWGAide. I'm planning to introduce, in the next release, a new export/import function that will produce a standard output, where for "standard" I refer to the same format used by SWGAide, so that we can unify different tools with the same "format".

Artax Wavingwalker

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:47 pm

JnF to SWGAide export file converter: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/jnftoswgaide.php
SWGAide to JnF export file converter: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/swgaidetojnf.php

Supported formats are .txt and .csv

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:46 pm

My site imports and exports from both tools as well, so that's an option...

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 am

Thanx for your help guys

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:26 am

Imperial Outpost wrote:My site imports and exports from both tools as well, so that's an option...

I had created an account on ur site but now it wont let me back onto the site. Username was rebeldawg

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:32 am

Sobuno wrote:JnF to SWGAide export file converter: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/jnftoswgaide.php
SWGAide to JnF export file converter: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/swgaidetojnf.php

Not working..Went to my resource page in SWGaide, right click export to destop. Selected file at above link and it says "there was an error uploading the file"

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:23 pm

RebelDawg wrote:
Sobuno wrote:JnF to SWGAide export file converter: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/jnftoswgaide.php

Not working..Went to my resource page in SWGaide, right click export to destop. Selected file at above link and it says "there was an error uploading the file"
What browser did you use? And what file format? You could eventually also send me the file to take a look at

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

RebelDawg wrote: I had created an account on ur site but now it wont let me back onto the site. Username was rebeldawg
Thanks for letting me know - turned out there was a fairly serious clash between assigned user id numbers for new accounts and for extra toons on existing accounts. :oops:

All fixed now I believe... fingers crossed! :)

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Sobuno wrote:
RebelDawg wrote:

What browser did you use? And what file format? You could eventually also send me the file to take a look at
I have IE. I tried original format stright from SWGAide, Txt and CSV

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

RebelDawg wrote:
Sobuno wrote:
RebelDawg wrote: Not working..Went to my resource page in SWGaide, right click export to destop. Selected file at above link and it says "there was an error uploading the file"
I have IE. I tried original format stright from SWGAide, Txt and CSV
Hmm, could you give me the file?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Okay, should be fixed now, the size limit for the file was set at a rather low limit as I had just copied the upload function from the ISDR importer

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:02 am

Sobuno wrote:Okay, should be fixed now, the size limit for the file was set at a rather low limit as I had just copied the upload function from the ISDR importer
I tried attatching again....I get "file extension not allowed" message

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 am

RebelDawg wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Okay, should be fixed now, the size limit for the file was set at a rather low limit as I had just copied the upload function from the ISDR importer
I tried attatching again....I get "file extension not allowed" message
And what file extension are you using?