One thing that may have already been mentioned, so I may be repeating myself, or it already may be implemented so please excuse my ignorance.
How about coming up with some tool that will allow you to pick a superset item. For example, a composite armor set. Then allow the user to choose the sub components (segments, layers.. etc) and based on that do a few things like:
- 1. Show all resources needed to craft the entire set (including the subset items as well).
- a. Let the user pick how many of these 'sets' they would like to craft and do the math calculations for the entire set. What I mean by this is determine the number of resources (including the schematic resource use) to craft X number of items.
- 2.Generate a shopping list that includes the resource name, quantity and the component of the resource that matters (i.e. DR, OQ & SR for the appearance.. OQ and SR for the core/segment/layer pieces)
- 3. Have the ability to query the current resources for the server to see if any resources are available that will be used in the crafting of the entire set.
- a.Allow the user to put a percentage threshold on the quality of the resource.(I.E. 90% OQ or 95% SR ) Bacsically a filter.
One of the hardest things coming back to crafting is that I have forgotten so much, so much has changed and it's really hard to start looking for a nice resource for a certain piece of armor/wep when it takes an extremely large effort to comb through swgcraft looking for current resources, what they are used in and what quality is generally accepted as nice.
I know I am getting off topic here but one problem that SWG craft has with it's resource usage list would help the excessive search time for usage on a particular item.
For example: I am on the current resource page for my server and I find something called Hollinium Intrusive Ore and when I click the link to find what schematics use Hollinium Intrusive Ore, it returns nothing.... Here lies the problem.
Hollinium Intrusive Ore is a subset of Intrusive Ore, so shouldn't Hollinium Intrusive Ore return all the Intrusive Ore resource usage as well?
If I should post this on another to get more attention then just let me know.
Thanks! I am so happy to be back!
One more thing: Is there a way to get the resources from my character inventory other than manually writing everything down? I have tons of resources so there is a possibility to use a lesser statted resource in something simply because I miss it. So if I had the list in some sort of app, I could manage my own resources and use the best resource for the item.