JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v1.8 - Official Thread

Post by agida » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:01 am

Creating a Schematic

Know that there are many hidden tabs in this spread sheet. Depending on the version of Excel you can unhide the sheets and add and/or manipulate the tabs needed.

There are three tabs of importance.

1. Data All

a. Columns 1 thru 5 hold the schematics, profession (these are required), and other nice to know stuff like skill level to make, complexity and whether you want it visible in schematic selection

b. Columns 6 thru 53 hold the experimental percentage such as Conductivity (CD) and Quality (OQ). There are 4 experimental percentage mixes depending on the schematic. For example on Shipwright items there’s Pitch, Yaw, Roll as one set of experimentation, while Top Speed is another as is mass. So depending what on you need you may only need to fill in one set of experimentation

c. Columns 54 thru 67 are more for your own use and can come in handy if and when the old Schematic sheet returns or I figure out how to make it work again (someday).

d. Column 68 is used to generate the schematics and get resources aligned in WTH based on the column have a ‘1’ in it.

e. Column 69 thru 80 are all the Required Components needed for a schematic. These are the base components not the advanced ones. Those are handled in “Required Components” tab and must match exactly or you bomb. It’s really handy in the old Schematic sheet as it would come in the sheet and do its own calculation for resources. If you enter something here make sure the spelling is correct everywhere as that will make the program bomb and drop you into debug mode.

f. Column 81 thru 92 are optional components too.

g. Column 93 thru 106 are the resources needed and quantity. Again these resources have to be spelled exactly as they are in the “Resource DB” tab or again the program will bomb.

h. Column 107 is the split that is based on the experimentation where let’s say you have Max damage use a different % of resources versus Min Damage. If you want your resources to be topped out at 100% for max damage then it’s 100;0;0;0 It’s important that you have all four fields separated by the semi-colon “;”. Or again you’ll bomb. But let’s say you want an equal amount of experimentation for both Max and Min damage then the values would be 50;50;0;0

i. Column 108 thru 119 are the definitions for the optional components, these must match the names again exactly as they are in the “Optional Component” tab.

j. Columns 120 thru 125 are again notes for you and only appear on the old schematics tab.

2. Required Components

a. Column 1 is the name of the required component, i.e. “Ranged Weapon Core”

b. Columns 2 thru n are the names of the more advanced modules of the component i.e. “Advanced Ranged Weapon Core”

3. Optional Components

a. Column 1 is the basic optional component with the work “No” in front of it i.e. “No Mark III Reactor Upgrade”

b. Columns 2 thru n are the names of the optional components i.e.

i. “Reactor Limiter - Mark I”

ii. “Reactor Limiter - Mark II”

iii. “Reactor Limiter - Mark III”

iv. “Reactor Overcharger - Mark I”

v. Etc.

Hope this helps you get thru the times until the new tool is there. I would put in the schematics that you really want to create. It takes a bit but then you'll understand appreciate the time it take to get this tool working.

Luv Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

velrahnkoon
Novice Crafter

Post by velrahnkoon » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 pm

Panino,

I have a question for you. Here's a screenshot of my current What To Harvest Today tab:

The 4 highlighted items all use the same experimental lines: 25% DR and 75% PE. This means that they should all show the same resource as being "the best" for the purposes of harvesting. But looking in the first column, the experimental values are nowhere near what the game calls for. For instance, the Cooked Fish Substitute says that the DR is 4% and the PE is 96%!! Where are these numbers calculated? Are they accurate? Looking at the Data All page they're correct, so I'm kinda unsure what the sheet is looking at to get these numbers and then actually determine what "the best" resource is.

Thanks!

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Question - is it possible to bring back the price per unit calculation on the resource sheet. It is a quick guide to tell me what the best resource I have is in relation to the others.

thanks

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: *NEW* JnF's SWGCTool v2.0 - Official Thread

Post by panino76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:26 pm

version 2.0 is online folks ;)

check the first post for details 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:28 pm

velrahnkoon wrote:Panino,

I have a question for you. Here's a screenshot of my current What To Harvest Today tab:

The 4 highlighted items all use the same experimental lines: 25% DR and 75% PE. This means that they should all show the same resource as being "the best" for the purposes of harvesting. But looking in the first column, the experimental values are nowhere near what the game calls for. For instance, the Cooked Fish Substitute says that the DR is 4% and the PE is 96%!! Where are these numbers calculated? Are they accurate? Looking at the Data All page they're correct, so I'm kinda unsure what the sheet is looking at to get these numbers and then actually determine what "the best" resource is.

Thanks!
The calculation is not simple as you could think because it takes in consideration quantity of each resource, the fact that a stat is present on all resources or not (like PE when in the recipe you have also inorganic material) and so on...

The formula is a bit complicate but I can assure you the values you're seeing are right ;)

Artax Wavingwalker

celticwolf
Novice Crafter

Post by celticwolf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:07 am

Here's another person with another problem. I keep getting an error that the runtime cannot find the function. Now I did try to use the solution posted a few pages back, but nothing I add is helping so far. Nothing was showing as missing, so I couldn't remove any problem modules. Any help would be appreciated. I've included screenshots of the error and what I have listed for modules so far. Oh, and I'm running office 2003 Enterprise Edition.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:40 am

And a mirror on our site if anyone is having trouble downloading the file

EDIT: Removed, see new version

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:06 am

Sobuno wrote:And a mirror on our site if anyone is having trouble downloading the file
Thanks Sabuno, really appreciated ;)

Celtic, why you have all that references checked? Could you revert to original and post a screenshot of the first ones. Unfortunately the error seems to be that one, a missing library.

This tool has been developed on Office 2003 so I can't see why it shouldn't work on your system...

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Hello,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but on the Crafting Sheet I'm only getting every other schematic to appear. Really weird. The schematic is in the drop down but none of there resource box info appears.

Luv Agida

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:15 pm

agida wrote:Hello,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but on the Crafting Sheet I'm only getting every other schematic to appear. Really weird. The schematic is in the drop down but none of there resource box info appears.

Luv Agida
What is the schematic?

Artax Wavingwalker

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

agida wrote:Hello,

Luv Agida
OK, call me IDIOT I've found the problem and actually it take into consideration only half of the schems (the ones in lines 2,4, 6, 8, 10..and so on).

fixing and uploading the file again in few minutes.
Last edited by panino76 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artax Wavingwalker

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Ok folks, fixed and updated version 2.0.1.

Sry for the inconvenience.

Artax Wavingwalker

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:56 pm

And another upload :)

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:02 pm

Sobuno wrote:And another upload :)
Thanks Sab, added the mirror link in the first post 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

kbuegel
Novice Crafter

Post by kbuegel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:34 pm

Be advised, if you are uploading from a much older version of the JnF tool, the OQ and PE columns were switched in the resources worksheet, so you'll have to copy and paste your values to their correct columns (don't just change the headings, the tool won't work!). Also some of the resource names were changed, so the easy way to check if they are valid is to click the drop-down arrow and if it DOESN'T highlight the choice in the drop-down list, then its not in the list and you'll need to select it from the list. Mostly the gemstones changed names, but also things like Corellian Fiberplast (now says Correlia Fiberplast) and Bilal Inert Gas (now says Bilal gas Inert Gas).

I had trouble with the 2.0 tool accepting new resources using copy and paste from other spreadsheets (even if you use "copy special" and values only). This was often a problem with the old tool as well. Best way to deal with it is create a .csv file in the same format as the export file and then import it using the buttons on the resources page of the tool. The upload process updates other pages besides the resources page and will load resources correctly. Also excel copy-and-paste has a tendency to turn numbers into text, so that could cause lots of problems. In general, if having trouble with resources, export your resources which will create a .csv file and check the file to see if things are correct. You can manually correct the .csv file very easily using any text editor (don't use excel, use wordpad or notepad). Then import the file and hopefully things will work better.