JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

velrahnkoon
Novice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v1.8 - Official Thread

Post by velrahnkoon » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Ah kk, thanks I got my numbers out of order.

BTW, the formula that was posted in the Experimentation Theory post you made seems to be incorrect. I put a follow-up post in there about why it was wrong, so check it over before you change your tool.

Thanks again panino!

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:05 pm

velrahnkoon wrote:Ah kk, thanks I got my numbers out of order.

BTW, the formula that was posted in the Experimentation Theory post you made seems to be incorrect. I put a follow-up post in there about why it was wrong, so check it over before you change your tool.

Thanks again panino!
That formula is about preNGE (dunno if it's about preCU too) anyway surely it doesn't take into account the bonus. I'll try, in compatibility with my rl priorities, to make a good number of experiments trying to understand how it works now.

Artax Wavingwalker

omnitree
Novice Crafter

Post by omnitree » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:27 am

All I have to say is "You are a Life Saver", this is an excellent piece of coding. I am running it under 2007 and aside from macro security and the VBA error (found on first page of thread) it has been working quite well.

Thank you for your continued efforts with this spreadsheet.

omnitree
Novice Crafter

Post by omnitree » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm getting an Error when using the Schematic Configurator to select the Generator Turbine under Trader (Structures). I have a image of the error if you would like me to post it.

Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:19 pm

omnitree wrote:I'm getting an Error when using the Schematic Configurator to select the Generator Turbine under Trader (Structures). I have a image of the error if you would like me to post it.

Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range.
Uhm, let me know what you're doing exactly.

Artax Wavingwalker

omnitree
Novice Crafter

Post by omnitree » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 am

I start the Schematic Configurator, deselect all schematic (though it doesn't matter if there are other schematics checked), click apply, then Ok. Then the spreadsheet states it needs to update, I click the Update button in the pop-up window and then the aforementioned error occurs.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:29 am

omnitree wrote:I start the Schematic Configurator, deselect all schematic (though it doesn't matter if there are other schematics checked), click apply, then Ok. Then the spreadsheet states it needs to update, I click the Update button in the pop-up window and then the aforementioned error occurs.
Got it, checking what is causing it. Thanks for reporting it.

Edit: Ok, found and fixed it. I have to say you have found a really ancient bug :D good job :wink:
Just as a workaround, before the next release where the bug will be fixed, just try to select another schematic with the turbine one, like ore mining units. It should work fine.

Artax Wavingwalker

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:06 pm

panino76 wrote:
omnitree wrote:I start the Schematic Configurator, deselect all schematic (though it doesn't matter if there are other schematics checked), click apply, then Ok. Then the spreadsheet states it needs to update, I click the Update button in the pop-up window and then the aforementioned error occurs.
Got it, checking what is causing it. Thanks for reporting it.

Edit: Ok, found and fixed it. I have to say you have found a really ancient bug :D good job :wink:
Just as a workaround, before the next release where the bug will be fixed, just try to select another schematic with the turbine one, like ore mining units. It should work fine.
I have experienced this bug too as a DGT. I am not sure if your fix addresses the issue. I have found as a work around for DGT was to add gorrnar to my schematic list. I'm sure there is something else to add, but randomly adding/removing is how I found it.

Eitherway here is how I encountered the bug.

With domestics as my only profession: I deselect all schematics, then I add the following schems:
Accarragm
Bespin Port
Breath of Heaven
Deneelian Fizz Pudding
Flameout
Pyollian Cake
Rakririan Burnout Sauce
Thakitillo
Veghash
Vercupti Of Agazza Boleruuee
Alcohol
Bantha Butter
Carbosyrup
Cask
Dough
Large Glass
Protato
Small Glass
Soypro
Sweet Cake Mix
Fatty Fish Sub

I then get the error when I update the tool.

Also, another issue I have found is that the mandalorian wine schematic is not selectable.

NOTE: I copy and pasted, with slight modification, the above list from SWG forum guides on suggested items to craft (as I am a newb trader). If the schematic isn't selectable (other than the mandalorian wine) in the tool then, obviously I didn't add it. Also, this is occuring with a "fresh" copy of the excel file copied into an already established "JnF's Tool" folder. I had been starting to use the tool before with no problem, but came across it somehow a week or so ago and stopped using the tool. Glad I found this post, because now I can go back to using this very awesome and usefull tool :D.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Feature Request?

As I said, this tool is awesome and very useful. While using it in conjunction with something I made (another spreadsheet) I thought about about just adding my speadsheet to this tool without the in depth functionability. Then I got to thinking that it could be come 10x as handy if it used a lot of the functions already present in your tool.

Anyways, I made a spread sheet for resource management. More so harvester management. I was thinking it would be very handy to add a "Currently Harvesting" tab where you could put in values and information about harvesters you currently have out that are pulling resources from the WTHT tab as well as resources not on that tab. It would then automatically add the end values to the tab resources tab.

I know it would be an issue in getting precise values entered and moved between tabs since the numbers shown in surveying and on your harvester are not the exact %s (i.e 75% shown could actually be 75.4% pulled).

I think there was some similar talk in another thread about a previously used tool of the same sorts.

Just an idea.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:45 pm

For what concerns the mandalorian wine, I never learned the schem with my chef, this is why it's missing. I should have a schem laying somewhere, I'll insert the schem in the next release. I'll double check that my fix will cover also your issue too.

As for the harvester sheet, this is something that was discussed on this thread, I'm evaluating the possibility to ass a sheet in the next future, even if it will not on the next release, since GU5 will see me busy for a while :)

Artax Wavingwalker

velrahnkoon
Novice Crafter

Post by velrahnkoon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 pm

panino,

I have a feature request as well. I am getting into Beast Mastering, and the BM schematics for Munitions trader are not listed. Any chance that you could tell me how to update the tool so that I could input them myself so that you don't have to do it?

Also, when crafting BM items, you can craft for both Mutagen or Purity, depending on what you're going for. The tool only lists the material for Purity that I've seen.

For instance, an Engineering Trader can craft an Enzyme Extraction Control, which the tool lists as 50% OQ and 50% UT for Purity, which is correct. However, you can also craft an EEC for Mutagen, but that experimentation line uses 50% OQ and 50% SR, and there the tool will not tell you which resource is the best to use, because it's not looking at the SR stat.

As I said, I'll be happy to update my tool if you want to post instructions (and they're not too insanely difficult). I'm sure you have other things that need doing and then you can just include this fix with the GU5 update when you get to it.

Thanks in advance,

Vel

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:16 pm

velrahnkoon wrote:panino,

I have a feature request as well. I am getting into Beast Mastering, and the BM schematics for Munitions trader are not listed. Any chance that you could tell me how to update the tool so that I could input them myself so that you don't have to do it?

Also, when crafting BM items, you can craft for both Mutagen or Purity, depending on what you're going for. The tool only lists the material for Purity that I've seen.

For instance, an Engineering Trader can craft an Enzyme Extraction Control, which the tool lists as 50% OQ and 50% UT for Purity, which is correct. However, you can also craft an EEC for Mutagen, but that experimentation line uses 50% OQ and 50% SR, and there the tool will not tell you which resource is the best to use, because it's not looking at the SR stat.

As I said, I'll be happy to update my tool if you want to post instructions (and they're not too insanely difficult). I'm sure you have other things that need doing and then you can just include this fix with the GU5 update when you get to it.

Thanks in advance,

Vel
Well, every line of experimentation is already included in the tool, I just hadn't time to finish to implement the feature that allow you to choose what line of experimentation to show. I've intentionally hided the sheet whre all the schematics are because in my (short) career as a programmer, I've learned to not give to users instruments that they don't know how to use, cause most of the time they are just able to make disasters :lol:

The munition schems are not included yet cause of the upcoming GU5, where every schem will be included. Anyway, I have to say that you can see, in any case, only ONE line of experimentation at any given time, and this is per original design of this tool.

If you want to add the munition schems, you can do it in the Data All sheet, but first you need to make it visible. As for the way of introducing new schematics, you've just to follow the way the other ones are introduced, nothing more, nothing less.

As for the other lines of experimentations, you have to change the last value (every value between commas represent a line of experimentation, so 0;100;0;0 means you can see only the second line of experimentation; if you want to change it so that you can see the first line you have to modify it in 100;0;0;0)

Obviously, for every problem you could encounter updating the sheet on your own, I'll not be able to assist you, since changing paramenters in the wrong way could cause errors that could be difficoult to track.

Anyway, good luck :)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:14 am

Wow - it's good to see JnF's tool updated. I've been doing some updates to the 1.7 version mostly Visual looks.

What I'd like to do is know the process to add schematics. I'd like to add the Jedi schematics and maybe loot schematics too.

I remember in the 1.7 version that there was a limit in one of the do while loops for several different things.

So, I'd like to add the jedi Profession and maybe other professions if need be.

Thanks for any guidance - again great update.

BTW may I put this zip file on my web site?

www.swg-piloten.com.

Luv
Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:09 pm

agida wrote:Wow - it's good to see JnF's tool updated. I've been doing some updates to the 1.7 version mostly Visual looks.

What I'd like to do is know the process to add schematics. I'd like to add the Jedi schematics and maybe loot schematics too.

I remember in the 1.7 version that there was a limit in one of the do while loops for several different things.

So, I'd like to add the jedi Profession and maybe other professions if need be.

Thanks for any guidance - again great update.

BTW may I put this zip file on my web site?

http://www.swg-piloten.com.

Luv
Agida
1. Yes, you surely can put this tool on your site, and you can do it everytime I update it (I'm preparing version 2.0 for the GU5)
2. As you said, the old programmer put some hard-coded numbers inside the code (something that never should be do); I've tried my best to fix every line of code where this did happen even if I still find ancient bugs :P
3. As I said in the previous post, you can add the schem on your own in the Data All sheet, but you have to pay attention on how you insert them, anyway, after GU5 I'll release a new version of the tool with all the munition schems, plus some looted items, I hope all the weapons you get in instances and obviously all lightsabers (I'll insert them under munition profession, I don't feel the need to add jedi as a crafting profession, in the end you can always select what schem you want to see)
4. In version 2.1 I'll add a procedure to import/export schem in XML format so that, everytime they modify something in crafting schem I'll just release an update version of the xml file, and not the entire tool.

Stay tuned for incoming updates :)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:52 am

Thanks for the feedback and input on upcoming versions. I do have to say that the old schematic screen was slow but it had lots of functionality.

I even added a feature that told me how many items I could make with the resources required. The Optional components and their build were good too.

I can put up with the slow speed because of the functionality. especially the pricing feature and ability to figure out what I needed for like a crate of stuff.

I have tried too to update the program but not found the time to get things working the way I'd like either.

Love what you are doing and the 2.1 feature sounds like a great function. Something that I have started to do with the code in my personal version is comment all the stuff that's going on. This would let other programmers help out if you like.

I did add a little feature in the Crafting sheet - put the total number of resources available and how much of each resource is needed for the schematic and also the optional and required components. Trying to figure out how to put in the optional components name.

I would love to figure out how to make the schematic tab faster. there's got to be a way other then buying a quad core cpu - lol.

anyway great work - love the spreadsheet.

Luv
Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html