Questions on Sybers

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Artisan Expertise.

Moderators: Feralmonkey, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Questions on Sybers

Post by Nitebytes » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am

I'm guessing the absence of a cybers board here is telling, but I'm asking anyways.

As rewards for some quest lines you can get cybernetic arms with abilities (snipe, revive, strength boost etc), but the only cybers I can see to craft give an armour bonus.
The armour in the cybers doesn't seem (to me) to be as good as crafted suits of armour, and the presence of cybers prohbits the wearing of anything that can be slotted for 35s, so what's the point of cybers?

Thanks.
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Questions on Sybers

Post by Savacc » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 pm

This post didnt go at all where I thought it was gong from the title and first line... :roll:

You seemed to have figured out why no one makes Cybernetic arms and why no one wears them. :wink:

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:38 am

The borg armor sets have the same armor stats as a regular armor set ..using only 9 cores(Munitions) instead of 11. There are also the action/health/elemental cores(Engineer) that can be added to offset the cores(Munitions) values. I must add tho ..all the borg sets I have made have been for appearance only.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters: HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

baronstefan
Novice Crafter

Post by baronstefan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Cybernetics has the exact armor and 35 slots as regular armor. Just a manner of looks. But there is a reason to prefer cybers over armor, the build in action or health. For some professions this is a bonus, for example, smugglers. With a small loss of 480 in armor, they gain 1350 in either health or action by wearing cybernetics. I have sold several complete sets of cybers to smugglers. Of course you need to buy the cores from an armorsmith, so nice if you got a guildie or friend that can provide those to you for a reasonable cost.

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Post by Nitebytes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 am

Ah! Thank you guys.
You make a compelling case for dabbling with cybernetics after I'm done with my current pet egg order list. Expecially as I know a couple of smugglers that I might convince to become lab rats for me (and one of my alts is a Munitions trade)

And Savac, does it make ne naiive to have taken a few minutes to get what you meant?
It didn't even occur to me that the title / opening line could be read in that way ... until you commented. :oops:
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 am

I believe, but from hearsay, that also other professions do benefit from cyber stuff. As always in SWG, and may other games, there are always trade-offs so the final decisions are up to the player. Thus, to rashly deem cyber stuff as inferior most often reveals ignorance or somebody who did not do his homework all the way through.

Perhaps somebody wants to gather more of pros and cons with cyber stuff versus regular armor and whatever it replaces, per profession and/or different common use cases.