Schematics, Levels, Abilites wheel

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Schematics, Levels, Abilites wheel

Post by Rackle » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Allahkazam has these old NGE wheels, like here...

http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=551

But they're way out of date. Could we update these wheels? Also list what schemes are gained at each level, and show whats needed for those schems.
Last edited by Rackle on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:25 pm

I have the Post NGE Wheels, and the expertise wheels (for the trader professions) as images. They need to be cropped, and a few might need to be redone due to a ToolTip in the way or so. There's a lot, so to email them would be a problem. Let me know if you need me to set up ftp for you to get them from me.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:44 pm

Are they the post chap5?

whats the FTP address?
Last edited by Rackle on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Yup, about 2 weeks old or so.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Just post, or send me the FTP address.

Slyvampy or Tyfo, is Flash acceptable? I'm happy to do this, I just don't want to waste hours on something that isn't of use to the final website product.

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:19 am

I'd say flash would be great! However, the final call is always slyvampy's as he knows stuff about stuff. :oops:

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:31 am

Rackle wrote:Just post, or send me the FTP address.

Slyvampy or Tyfo, is Flash acceptable? I'm happy to do this, I just don't want to waste hours on something that isn't of use to the final website product.
Its not just my call :P the idea behind swgcraft project was that anyone can contribute :)

I would say however, flash is great - but i would suggest that if we were to use a flash version, it would be good to have a html version too.

** I know like most people that not all computers support flash, people use the site from work too, which some times does not allow flash ** (people used to play games instead of work).

My sugguestion is, if it fits inthe style of the site, and is functional and people will use it, then its great. go for it. make a basic design and we all can comment on it :)
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 am

I've made zip files of the images of the profession wheels and expertise wheels that I have available. (I don't have expertise for the non-trader professions yet).

Anyone can get them at http://www.wzydhek.com/swgcraft

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:59 pm

While its a community project, you are the lead developer! Somebodies gotta make the tough calls.

This has the complete wheel as it appears in the game, Really the only difference is my horizontal and vertical scroll bars are a little thicker.

The very first item, Survival knife, is hyper linked to the allahkazam page about that item. I think we could do the same thing here, with descriptions of each schematic and other relevant information about it.

REMOVED FROM MY WEBSITE>>SORRY.

wzydhek, You're screens saved me a lot of time. Thanks!

EDIT: I had the day off, so I did Munitions as well. I also changed my method and saved a few hours.
Last edited by Rackle on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:39 am

Ok, I've done a couple Flash profession wheels, but you also wanted something for people checking out the site form work, or a slower computer...
ALSO REMOVED>>

It's mostly empty at this point, its really just an outline. Of course each of the items would link to their respective schematics.
Last edited by Rackle on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 am

Does Flash have the ability to pull schematics etc. from the database?

Other than that, I guess the profession wheels could be done with image mapping too, which I am willing to try when I have the time

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Wed May 02, 2007 11:38 am

you can link to http, ftp, anykind of address through flash. For an example, open up my flash wheel, and click on the first entry Survival Knife.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 02, 2007 11:43 am

Rackle wrote:you can link to http, ftp, anykind of address through flash. For an example, open up my flash wheel, and click on the first entry Survival Knife.
Think we're misunderstanding eachother... What I mean is that we have a database that contains all the schematics. Can Flash connect to a database (mySQL) so it can pull the correct names, ID numbers etc.?

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Wed May 02, 2007 9:23 pm

OH!

I have no idea. The program I'm using is Koolmoves, which is a poor mans flash. You'd probably need the professional Flash software, and someone who has a lot of experience using it.

Which are two things I don't have.