Bazaar database

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Bazaar database

Post by Rommel » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Yeah you got it...we should start a tree of every item the bazaar list...
This could be used in future endeavors like say a program where the user selects items and makes price list and stuff.

Who knows what people could think up.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Bazaar database

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:12 pm

With links to some image database :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Wow, that would be some list! :shock:
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:15 pm

Anyone care to enlighten Sobuno who does not seem to understand English anymore (Just began German classes again, my English has gone German since then)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:25 pm

BadgerSmaker did one at the old Lithium SOE/SWG forum which he tried to repost at the new SWG board but they quickly broke all links in some update. We changed words today and he agrees it is huge and it is added to all the time, especially now with all the collection items where each one has its own entry.

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Sobuno wrote:Anyone care to enlighten Sobuno who does not seem to understand English anymore (Just began German classes again, my English has gone German since then)?
We are dreaming of a database of all items in the game, organized, or rather presented, in the same tree structure the Bazaar/Vendors is organized.

We speak of about a number of thousand items, remember that just the resource classes are 816+. SOE doesn't exactly hold back on overwhelming numbers :P

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Anyone care to enlighten Sobuno who does not seem to understand English anymore (Just began German classes again, my English has gone German since then)?
We are dreaming of a database of all items in the game, organized, or rather presented, in the same tree structure the Bazaar/Vendors is organized.

We speak of about a number of thousand items, remember that just the resource classes are 816+. SOE doesn't exactly hold back on overwhelming numbers :P

/Z
You make it sound hard

(Yeah, I necro threads during my forum lurking... and it's 819 resource classes :P)

How is the bazaar structured though?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

There was a long post at the official forums with it all (almost) a long time ago. I am not sure if it survived.

Anyway, it is tree structured, first level nodes are for example Misc, Resources, just to mention two off of the top of my head. Each level can hold items or other nodes. Some branches are not deep at all, too shallow in my opinion, while others are somewhat deeper.

If I, or anybody else, find something we can surely post. Unless you dig it up somehow :P

/Zimoon

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Yes, some of them are very deep drilling down. For example, you could go to Misc->Deeds->Installation Deeds->Structure Factories and it would list all structure factories for sale (either on the bazaar or vendor search). Some items may be listed directly under Misc. Sometimes finding where something listed is more of a challenge than just searching by keywords, however, if someone has named something differently, using the categories will find those items as well.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Okay, another question: Can an item belong to more than one category?

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Sobuno wrote:Okay, another question: Can an item belong to more than one category?
Don't think so.
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh well, here's a page to add commodity categories: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcategory.php

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:40 pm

Sobuno wrote:Oh well, here's a page to add commodity categories: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcategory.php
Possibly me being blind, but where can I see what has already been added? Seems silly to input data that's already available.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 pm

kelsaka wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Oh well, here's a page to add commodity categories: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcategory.php
Possibly me being blind, but where can I see what has already been added? Seems silly to input data that's already available.
Ahh, knew something was missing..

Here's a quick modified version of the resource tree: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/commodity_tree.php

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:33 pm

I went though and added all the top level's.
Somebody added one called Resources, which is wrong so it needs to be removed.

Adding stuff is going to get harder and harder the more levels we add so a better way to add is going to need to be devised.

Would it be possible to make a form where you choose the parent from a drop down and then you have a text field where the user enters one child class per line and they are mass added?
i.e.
Parent: Misc

Textfield:
A blackfish
A blowfish
A bluefish

Also to minimize on the amount of things listed in the parent class drop down can a special page be used just for adding parent classes?