orske's "current best resources"

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

daeyron
Novice Crafter

orske's "current best resources"

Post by daeyron » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:28 pm

one of the best resource sites around is orske's "current best resources":

http://orske.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/swg/cbr.cgi

orske has a script that analyzes the now defunct SWGCraft database and cross-references it to information about schematics and resource caps. instead of giving you a list of resources, orske's site organizes the resources by profession and then by schematic and rates each resource in terms of its % of maximum for each schematic. this is an OUTSTANDING tool for crafters who are focused on a specific profession rather than resource gathering in general.

i'm thrilled and grateful that you all are taking up the torch of continuing SWGCraft and i hope that you'll keep an eye on orske's site as you imagine how you would like to structure your own.

-dc

npurdin
Novice Crafter

Post by npurdin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:56 pm

I love this tool, however, at the current time, it cannot access old resources posted before SWGcraft started putting up current resources for download. Meaning, while the calculations are correct, it still won't return resources like ysukomi polysteel copper on Eclipse, which is by far the best CD/OQ resource the server has ever spawned.

The "Experimental Percentage" tool on swgcraft is nearly as functional, though you have to input the schematic's resource weights on your own, and bypass a few bugs with resource caps. (Iron conductivity is the only one I know of at the time) It does, however, search all spawns ever reported as opposed to just the ones within the past 3 or 4 months.

If this site can crawl through the SWGcraft resources or farm the data some other way, That tool would be very useful.
Last edited by npurdin on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:01 am

npurdin wrote: ysukomi Dureuxekeudolysteel copper on Eclipse, which is by far the best CD/OQ resource the server has ever spawned.
Ysukomi is a "Polysteel" copper. Even if I were not on Eclipse and very familiar with Ysukomi, I could still tell you it was a Polysteel Copper.

npurdin
Novice Crafter

Post by npurdin » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:33 am

lol yeah, apparently that dur-whatever was in my clipboard and I typed ctrl+v instead of Shift+P.. or something.. weird to say the least.. will edit.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: orske's "current best resources"

Post by Rommel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 am

Does anybody know if he is still using the old swgcraft.com data? I know it says he is on the site but it may have been an oversight :P

This would be a cool feature to add here, he said he'd give the code if asked. If it isn't compatible it would be nice to add something similar.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Somebody apparently contacted him and let him know that our site existed:
Orske wrote: Heh, told you it was easy. Done. They used almost the exact same structure, it was the site I had seen before, I just didn't remember where it was, heh.

We now have:
CBR from swgcraft.co.uk
CBR from swgcraft.co.uk with NGE profs

NOTE: There is a 'hiccup' when you load the data for the first time (I only loaded two servers, I haven't pulled back *any* others yet, so the first time someone runs the tool on a server, it'll say it can't find any data, but just refresh the page, and it works. It won't happen for anyone else then.

In addition to the current:
Ol' CBR
Ol' CBR with NGE profs

And the personal:
Personal CBR

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:11 am

Well thats sweet.

The only thing that could be better is if when we looked at schematics we could see a list of the best resources to use. This would include everything in the database for the users default server setting (or a drop down box) and it could be sorted by best or most recent with the percentages like orske's site does.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:29 pm

The site has been down for 2 days now, sucks...

Beladan
Novice Crafter

Post by Beladan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I seems to be up for me, today at least.