An idea for the new site

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

An idea for the new site

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm

I never really like the search feature of the old website for finding resources, would it be possible to have the one for this site allow you to put a check box in the stat that you want it rated by and then show the top 30 or so resources of that type ranked by highest combined stats? That and if it could include a percentage next to the number of the stat showing what percentage of the max possible for the stat would be great as well.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:48 pm

First of all, since now max caps are included not only for specific resources but also for generic resources, such a search feature must take caps into account. The most recent update to caps are found at
EDITED: Files now found at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles, the resource tree XML file.

Whether you use a checkbox or type 100% weight for a particular stat is equal. I believe the programming of the feature is simpler having you to type 100 rather than also afford a checkbox. But whatever, the idea is good and if it's feasible to implement it I am for it.

/Z
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed URL

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 am

Zimoon wrote:First of all, since now max caps are included not only for specific resources but also for generic resources, such a search feature must take caps into account. The most recent update to caps are found at ... , the resource tree XML file.

Whether you use a checkbox or type 100% weight for a particular stat is equal. I believe the programming of the feature is simpler having you to type 100 rather than also afford a checkbox. But whatever, the idea is good and if it's feasible to implement it I am for it.

/Z
Sweet, it'll make it easier for us part time crafters.
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.