Confusing feature

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Confusing feature

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 am

Previously I asked for a feature that took me straight to the first unread post in each thread. I was promptly presented the tiny icon with an arrow to the left of such threads in the threads listings.

However, it seems as if this icon is only present for the very first one you follow. Once I have followed one such icon all the other ones are disabled although I have not read them yet. I can only read one at a time.

Is it possible to have them stay until the post pointed at (at least the thread) is visited? Is this a feature possible to toggle somehow? Is it a bug that the developers should be notified about?

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:00 pm

Hmm, didn't know that feature wasn't working properly

I always use http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/search ... d=newposts and enter a topic/thread, read it, perhaps reply and then use the back button (Or the button on my mouse with that function) to return to the previously mentioned page. That way, the page doesn't reload so the little icon should stay present

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:03 pm

I can try that.

I think there is some shy feature trying to tell the difference, is it the boldness or color of the links, haven't figured it out yet, that tries to tell the difference.

There are quite a few things that do not exactly work intuitively, with the visited/not-visited threads I mean. In this case I believe we can agree that
  • a thread should stay marked as unread as long as it has unread messages (icon/deviant color/?)
  • the tiny icon with an arrow pointing to "first unread message since last time" should stay visible as long as the message has not been read
But, since there is a workaround and many more important tasks, put this on the X-mas wishlist ;)

Finally, do not let my remarks discourage you, you do a great job. Remember, even the sun has spots 8)