Test Resources should only be added to SWGCraft.co.uk server

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Test Resources should only be added to SWGCraft.co.uk server

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Test Resources should only be added to SWGCraft.co.uk server:

As of today, the script for automatic unavailable after 30 days has been expanded to also include SWGCraft.com. Meaning that if you make a resource unavailable on a live server for testing purposes here, it will reflect on SWGCraft.com. We do log which user makes which resources unavailable so we are able to track you down if you do this to annoy :)

In short: Resources on SWGCraft.com will automatically be made unavailable after 30 days too now, don't abuse this :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:58 am

An awesome addition. Kudos

:D

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Zimoon wrote:An awesome addition. Kudos

:D
Forgot to mention it over here, but:

When you make a resource unavailable here, it will also be made unavailable on SWGCraft.com, so it's not only the cron job (The automatic thingy) that does it :)

We still do not export our resources to SWGCraft.com though

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:57 am

Was going to add this to the dev issues thread but it appears to be locked:)

One thing I just noticed--and I know this isn't necessarily for long-term stuff--is that the parser pulling current resource data from the old SWGCraft is not pulling over Kashyyyk and Mustafar resource info. I have been keeping those two planets completely up to date on Kettemoor, if you need a server to test pulling from.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:42 am

Could this be since Kashyyyk and Mustafar never were added by Trokk, old SWGCraft.com's single and one developer. Sharing admin rights is a good idea ;)

Welcome around Onyx :D

/Z

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:29 pm

:) Hey there.

Actually, Trokk added them in December of 2005 (http://www.swgcraft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21270).

I simply hadn't caught that they haven't been porting over until yesterday, though. I've been updating both planets for a few months on Kette, and the ones there now are current so they could be used for testing purposes for data mining/porting:)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:08 pm

He did not add them to the data export, unfortunately he overlooked this detail ;)

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 pm

AHA! And oh hell. I just didn't grasp what you'd said before.

Ah well, I'll just enter them here as well then. The next question is how does that affect the data-mining? Actually, though, I'll ask that in the other thread which addresses that topic:)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:45 am

Onyx wrote:AHA! And oh hell. I just didn't grasp what you'd said before.

Ah well, I'll just enter them here as well then. The next question is how does that affect the data-mining? Actually, though, I'll ask that in the other thread which addresses that topic:)
This site actually not only pull data hourly but also put data to SWGCraft.com. I asked about this before, since I know many crafters still rely on SWGCraft.com as their main source of information, and numerous applications, scripts, spread sheets pull data using its export facility.

I would suggest you try to add a Kashyyk/Musty resource here and see if it ever turns up at SWGCraft.com. If it does you only have to submit resources at one place rather than the work to support two :)

I believe the data mining that is going on will pull data for Kaskyyyk and Mustafar as well as it uses the Find Resource feature which works for those two planets as well. Trokk just forgot about the hourly cron job I think.

I must say that the developers here really listens and is about to release a stellar site. The better feedback we give the better site we get, thanks to Sly, Sobuno et al.

Cheers

/Z

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Heh, agreed.

I'll update kash and musty here today and watch where they update. I've continued to update at the old site simply because I knew the info was getting pulled to here, but if pushes are happening too, well hell, I'll do it here instead.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Onyx wrote:Heh, agreed.

I'll update kash and musty here today and watch where they update. I've continued to update at the old site simply because I knew the info was getting pulled to here, but if pushes are happening too, well hell, I'll do it here instead.
Pushes are not happening yet, only push we make is when a resource is getting marked as unavailable here, we automatically make it unavailable over on SWGCraft.com (Provided that it exists on that site)

We do not add resources to SWGCraft.com in any way whatsoever at the moment