Odd bug on Starsider...

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Odd bug on Starsider...

Post by Aenlic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:00 pm

I am having a problem with Eekev, a Lommite Carbonate Ore, on Starsider. It keeps appearing on the resources for Dathomir, so I mark it as unavailable. For some reason, it then also marks Eekev as unavailable on Yavin IV, but it is available there. The recent changes say I marked it as unavailable on Yavin, but I was still on Dathomir at the time. I then add Eekev back in on Yavin IV, and everything looks OK. Until the next day. Eekev is back on SWGcraft for Dathomir, and no one is showing on the recent changes as having added it back. Beats me! /shrug

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Re: Odd bug on Starsider...

Post by Aenlic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:08 pm

It just did it again, while I watched. Eekev reappeared in the SWGcraft list with no one showing as having added it back in on Dathomir and Yavin when I only marked it available on Yavin IV. So I marked it unavailable just on Dathomir again and SWGcraft then also marked it unavailable on Yavin IV.

I'm just going to leave it alone for now as unavailable on both. Eekev is available on Yavin IV, but if I add it back on it gets added to Dathomir too.

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:21 pm

Update:

It appears that SWGcraft is also removing Eekev from Lok, Naboo, Endor and Rori, as well as Yavin, when I remove it only from Dathomir. The times shown on the recent changes list match the times when I actually removed it only from Dathomir.

Basically, if I mark Eekev unavailable on Dathomir, SWGcraft then automatically marks it unavailable everywhere else. If I add it back to any of those planets where it is avaiable (Rori, Naboo, Endor, Yavin and Lok), then SWGcraft also automatically adds it back onto Dathomir.

As far as I can tell, this is happening only with the Eekev ore. None of my other changes are being duplicated in error onto other planets.

I'm not using SwgAide, these changes are all being done manually.

I'm not sure whether it's better to leave it showing as available on Dathomir so it will show properly on Lok and Rori and Yavin, or leave it as unavailable on all of them. For now, it's unavailable until someone can take a look at it.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Marking a resource unavailable marks it as unavalable on all planets. If it has mistakenly been added to a planet it does not spawn on, only the person who added it and staff of SWGCraft can remove it from that specific planet. This is done by going to the All Planets view, finding the resource and pressing Remove next to the planet that you want to remove it from.

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks, Sobuno!

That fixed it. Apparently I was the dolt who added it to Dathomir in the first place 11 days ago. I kept removing it; and because of the way I do my planet rounds, ending on Endor or Dantooine, I also then kept adding it back everywhere too. So for the last 11 days, I've been messing with my mind.

/just shoot me