How did this happen?????

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rowa
Novice Crafter

How did this happen?????

Post by Rowa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 am

Okay, here is the story. I went to the Bloodfin server to check resources and noted that they hadn't been updated for a few days. So, I log in my crafter and send out ISD's. Little bit later, I get the e-mails and I upload them inton swgcraft. Of course, now I need to update the stats. I go to the view current resources and scroll through quickly and note there are a bunch of new resources that I just put in with no stats. I go back to game to my crafter, get out the resource deed and fill in the stats for the first resource. I then return back to the view current resources for all planets to fill in the stats for the next.

But, they are all done. Somehow, in about 15-20 seconds, they all got filled in. There had to have been 20 or 30 new resources there. They were all done in the time it took me to enter the stats for one resource. So, who did this and how? What has changed in updating this since the last time I did (which has been awhile)? Have I lost my mind??? I looked to see if I could find out who else was working on the site and there was nothing there. Only showed the changes I made as the resource being available. Didn't show anyone updating them. Just let me know if I should check myself in or not.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: How did this happen?????

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 am

I read your post such that you are manually adding the stats into the site.

Possibly somebody is using SWGAide and while you are switching between game and site they have been filling in the stats in the in-game notes file, loaded the file into SWGAide and clicked the submit button. Then it is only a matter of seconds a bunch of resources are updated.

My best friend in SWG updates Chimaera on a daily basis (almost) and she does it in a matter of minutes, the sending-out-droids and waiting time excluded. Myself updates the creature resources at a daily basis (mostly) and as we all know there are no droids for creatures, but I use a 30k veteran crate, and it takes me less than 15 minutes a day to keep all creature resources up-to-date (seafood, eggs, and crap not bothered with).

If you by now are curious on SWGAide, find a link in my signature ;)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 am

BTW, welcome around. Though not your first post I think I have never welcomed you around :D

Rowa
Novice Crafter

Post by Rowa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:57 am

Awesome program. Thanks much. I'll certainly be taking some time to figure it all out.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks. Any feedback and suggestions are welcomed, just find the forum board named Third Party Utilities.

Figure it out... when you are puzzled, please click F1 and a help screen shows up. Many panels have their own help screen so you must navigate to the panel you have questions about. For ISDroids that is the main-panel which also is kind of a Mail-panel, select the mail folder named ISDroids and a new panel replaces the general mail reader, and click F1 :)

/Zimoon