SWGCraft Needs a Logo

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Post by Cerceuil » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:47 pm

what he means is that in the first one they should resemble more of a SWG rather than S W G look. the letters are too far apart.

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:13 pm

sorry, yes Cerceuil thats what i meant, that the S W G was quite spaced out compaired to the Craft.

Ok guys, lets not get away from the fact that we are a crafting resource here, and while things like the imperial and rebel insigna's are good ur leaving the neturals out too :?

I would prefer to not have the logos of the factions on the site logo, that is my choice, but its upto the community ofc.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Jamys Farstrider
Novice Crafter

Post by Jamys Farstrider » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:19 pm

slyvampy wrote:sorry, yes Cerceuil thats what i meant, that the S W G was quite spaced out compaired to the Craft.

Ok guys, lets not get away from the fact that we are a crafting resource here, and while things like the imperial and rebel insigna's are good ur leaving the neturals out too :?

I would prefer to not have the logos of the factions on the site logo, that is my choice, but its upto the community ofc.
I agree completely, there's no reason to put the faction logos in there as its over-complicating the logo design.

Speaking of the logo design, I was looking over the dev site and I realized that the medallion logo sticks out because nothing else on the site is circular. I think the rectangular version would fit the design of the site smoother.
Last edited by Jamys Farstrider on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamys Farstrider - Elder Commando
Aronarc Issitoh - Elder Architech & Elder Shipwright
Spirit of the Fallanassi - http://www.sofgaming.net

Jamys Farstrider
Novice Crafter

Post by Jamys Farstrider » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Jamys Farstrider wrote:
Inferno wrote:Another idea (with grey and white background to try out)

More metalic than the last. When I did the first ideas I didnt realise they were going on the forum too. I agree that on the forum page the round one does stick out like a sore thumb. C&C always welcome.
I like the rectangles because they remind me of the old kenner star wars packaging, but the circle ones are more readable. because they separate better from the background of the logo.
Can you make a version of this with the background part of the logo (between the letters and the outer band) match the background color of the overall site? Don't take out those bevels though.
Jamys Farstrider - Elder Commando
Aronarc Issitoh - Elder Architech & Elder Shipwright
Spirit of the Fallanassi - http://www.sofgaming.net

Fuf
Novice Crafter

Post by Fuf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:15 pm

slyvampy wrote:SWGCraft isnt centered :P and its missing the border on the right side :)
SWG Craft will center itself, this is just a preview of the 3 images merged.

pitrik
Novice Crafter

Post by pitrik » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:17 pm

Here's my take on it - wanted to keep it tied visually to the movies.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:23 pm

OOOO.

I like the direction you are moving on that one Pitrik. Funny thing was I was just looking through these again to see if I could get my creative juices moving about with some ideas, but think you might have hit the nail on the head. Perhaps for the forums, keep the same font/text but give it the appearance of being embossed on aluminum--like you might imagine a collectors tin would look.

pitrik
Novice Crafter

Post by pitrik » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks, glad you like it. :D

I had wanted to throw in an alternate with a planet horizon at the bottom, just like the opening scene in A New Hope - but I no longer have whichever Photoshop plugin it was that let you create planets on the fly.

I can certainly do the embossed look, but I'm curious if you know the final pixel-ratio we're shooting for. If it's up in the air, I'm thinking a shorter height would fit the swgcraft logo itself better. I had originally tried the raised-metallic-panel-line look, but the negative space above and below didn't look great.

Scin
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGCraft Needs a Logo

Post by Scin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 am

I tried a new variation without relying on the old, slightly tired Star Wars font:

Thoughts?
Basilisk
Narado Karetyr - 3004 Artisan, 1000 Marksman

Chilastra
Scin Karetyr - CL88 Commando
Fuura Hengwen - CL90 Domestics Trader

Sunrunner
Amantis Genzhro - CL90 Domestics Trader

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:13 am

A good start, personally I would like one that gives a solid and robust look, a confiding impression.

However, I am no Dev at this site though, just a user as you are, and a Mod from time to time ;) Hence I don't know if this thread is "open" at the moment.

I know that there was a call for skins in different colors a few months ago, some users want dark skins and others bright skins, etc. With skins comes that some images in the headers and elsewhere must be edited to match the colors. From that follows that it is not only a logo but the entire set of images and colored areas that must match.

Hopefully Slyvampy or Sobuno jump in and say something here.

Keep the great ideas come flowing though, this IS still a project in Beta phase.

/Zimoon

milkiee
Novice Crafter

Post by milkiee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:42 pm

hi, just viewed this thread. I am a full time graphics designer (and swg'er lol), if I can be of any help just pm me etc. Seems you got it sorted though, nice work :p

I mainly use Adobe FW.

milk.
Perl & Milkiee - Infinity Elders
Creator Of http://www.swgreunited.com