About posting new resources

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Arriene
Novice Crafter

About posting new resources

Post by Arriene » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi, I just noticed that a bunch of new resources were posted on Bloodfin with no stats listed....was that a mistake or did the poster not know how to report the resources properly? Are we allowed to enter the stats ourselves if we see this happen?
I like it best when I can check for new resources before I log in and when I post new ones I add the stats..it really helps everyone and I'd like to thank those who also do that :) HUGS..thanks in advance...Arrie

rohie
Novice Crafter

Re: About posting new resources

Post by rohie » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi there.
It is me updating the resources using droids and swgaide. I did that when i noticed the resources were not updated for 2 days. I was thinking that i can add my contribution to this project at least by updating the spawn and despawn moments. I was updating the stats too until i lost my crate. I got my crate back and I am using it to update resources that I am interested in. So no it is no mistake and I know how to update the stats.
Sure you are allowed to add the stats. Feel free to add the resource too. If my entries make updating the stats difficult please let me know. Looks like Avolo and Vielar, our top contributors, are missing for a couple days. Let me know if you plan to update the site on a daily basis.
I received also a PM from somebody complaining about the same thing, adding resources without stats. I am saying this again, feel free to add your contribution.

Regards,
Rohie

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:15 am

Welcome rohie, thanks for helping out.
Adding resources without stats is still a help for tracking spawns and de-spawns and at least some info gets into the SWGCraft database. Anyone can add stats later, the (Edit Stats) above each resource is there for doing just that. Get's a little addicting doesn't it?

May the Farce be with you :mrgreen:

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:51 am

Adding resources without stats is perfectly fine and should not be looked down on, see No stats vs. with stats for the full discussion.

Greetings

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:57 am

For further information:

SWGAide has several ways of updating resources and also to update missing stats. The ISDroid panel has 4 different lists, one is for resources in spawn but that lack stats.

However, this post clicked a button for me and I will verify that it is possible to use the Resource >> Submit Resources tab to also list/submit stat-less resources. In fact I believe I missed that case when I added that feature.

Whatever, anybody can add stats at a later time, in several fashions, more or less in the same way as you add new resources, if they exist in the database they are updated with planet and/or stat information: How to Update SWGCraft.

/Zimoon

Arriene
Novice Crafter

Post by Arriene » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:19 am

Thank you for your nice replies friends :) I wasn't looking down at the contribution was just concerned that there may have been a mistake or something. I too contribute when I have time, but had never seen no stats..my apologies if I offended...Have a lovely day :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 am

Arriene wrote:...Have a lovely day :)
You too :)