The "Donate to" column under "Top Contributors"

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

The "Donate to" column under "Top Contributors"

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I am not sure how others feel about this but I didn't really put my character name in there for donations I put it there mainly so that people could get in touch if they needed help or just wanted to shoot the breeze so I was wondering whether a change of column name to something like "In Game Name" or "Contact" would not be more representative.

Once again this is only one opinion and perhaps it isn't shared by other contributors but I figured I would mention it.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: The "Donate to" column under "Top Contributors"

Post by Savacc » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 pm

I know it was a feature on the old .com site. I vaguely recall a discussion about it when we set up this site. So why do we have it, and what does it really do?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 pm

That about frames my reason too, just to give folks a reference if they want to get in touch :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Renamed to Contact Information.

Also fixed a couple of bugs on the same page: If multiple users had the same number of points, only one would be shown and users with 124 points wouldn't be shown at all (Was supposed to block userid 124, SWGCraft Parser, from being shown)

As a side note, there has been more than one million logged actions so far.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:17 pm

This was the first time I looked at that page for Flurry, I have several things.

1. A HEART FELT THANK YOU to all the hunters out there! You certianly have saved me time on more than one occasion!
2. I don't have my character name on the list, but couldn't find out where to add it in the UCP.
3. I've added my Characters and info to my signature, please let me know if there is anything you can help me with. :mrgreen:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:40 am

Yes, I guess it is due to the two distinct parts of the site, the forums and the "crafting pages", there are user options at two different locations. I have no good suggestion on how to convey that message other than links at both places and possibly a blurb in the welcome-mail, but the latter is most often neglected by most users anyway 8)

/Zimoon