Minor site issue with Resource Usage

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Minor site issue with Resource Usage

Post by Trixie9819 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Resource Usage, it's great, you choose a resource and it lists out all the schematics that uses that particular resource. Then you click on that schematic to see more info, but when you hit the 'back' button, the part that you choose the resource shrinks to a tiny, empty box and you can't type anything in it to start a new search. So you can't simply click on the next schematic to see what info that schematic shows. You have to click on 'resource usage' and find the resource on the list again, to get the whole list of schematics and click the next one.

It's bugged me for a while now, but I finally said something :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Minor site issue with Resource Usage

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 pm

I have also noticed this the last few weeks. You fixed it to work about a year ago or so, S, but now it "resets", kind of.
/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Should be working again now, happened because I changed how the history data is stored in the hash (The part of the URL after the #).

I did find another bug that caused the resource selection box to be empty after having selected a profession or resource. This was caused by our use of the innerHTML property on a select object which does not work in IE: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;276228 (Note that the page only lists the IE 5.x versions.... Still does not work in IE 8)

EDIT: I am playing around with the Resource Usage page at the moment though so it might not be working.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Does not work, but now a different error: the auto-go when I select a resource in the drop-down never triggers. That is, I select a resource but nothing happens.

Using FF 3.0.8. Should I look into scripts or Java settings?

On a side note: This feature does not work at my mobile phone either, using Won Mobile 6 and MSIE. Same stuff, the auto-go never triggers. Possibly a "Go" button could do in the case a browser fails.If it is at the browser, I use many other sites with drop downs with my phone which works.

Cheers

Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:07 pm

And now it works. I just reloaded once at the empty page and ... odd.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:And now it works. I just reloaded once at the empty page and ... odd.

/Z
You should also try reading my EDIT above^^ :P

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Woah, you are having fun, playing at a Saturday :mrgreen:

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:24 pm

It's 3 1/2 hours after your post, so I"m not sure if you're still working with resource usage or not :)

Click on it, choose chemical, click on one of the schematics, click 'back' and it loads the page back to 'all professions' and 'chemical' but none of the schematics show, pull up the drop down menu and click another resource and then click back to chemical and I get the schematics, but also this message.

Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 21

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 23

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 23

Warning: array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 29

Not a clue what it means, but there you go :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Trixie9819 wrote:It's 3 1/2 hours after your post, so I"m not sure if you're still working with resource usage or not :)

Click on it, choose chemical, click on one of the schematics, click 'back' and it loads the page back to 'all professions' and 'chemical' but none of the schematics show, pull up the drop down menu and click another resource and then click back to chemical and I get the schematics, but also this message.

Warning: array_unique() [function.array-unique]: The argument should be an array in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 21

Warning: array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/ajax.php on line 29

Not a clue what it means, but there you go :)
Still toying with it ;)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:27 pm

I should have finished playing with the Resource Usage page now, hopefully it is bug-free.

Added the ability to filter by stats.
Examples:

Only show schematics that require aluminum and that has OQ as an experimental property: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_ ... %5B%5D=all)
Only show schematics that require aluminum and that has ONLY OQ as an experimental property: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_ ... 5B%5D=none)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Huhuh, X-mas is coming early this year ;)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Zimoon wrote:Huhuh, X-mas is coming early this year ;)

/Zimoon
Heh, half the code for doing this has been present since the request for it was made: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 07&start=0

This topic just reminded me I had actually started working on it :P

But I think it's time to relax now, been attempting to get it to work since 14:30 (That's 5 hours :/)

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 pm

/hug

*hands a fruity drink with a twisty straw*

*gives a backrub and hums a soothing song*

There, there, we all appreciate your work

*runs off to play with the new features, which is EXACTLY what I was using the resource usage thingie for anyway*