Yavinian Geothermal Renewable Energy cannot spawn on Yavin 4

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Viggo Vickers
Novice Crafter

Yavinian Geothermal Renewable Energy cannot spawn on Yavin 4

Post by Viggo Vickers » Wed May 30, 2007 6:04 pm

Tried to add a resource on Farstar, for Yavin Geothermal Energy, but got this error message.

"Yavinian Geothermal Renewable Energy cannot spawn on Yavin 4"

Think theres a bug!? :roll:

NOTE: I managed to add Corellia Geothermal Energy to the Corellia page about 2 days ago without any problems, if that helps.

CHEERS!

//Viggo Vickers

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 am

Hmmm, seems I inputted a wrong limitation on it.... Should be fixed now though

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 am

Sobuno wrote:Hmmm, seems I inputted a wrong limitation on it.... Should be fixed now though
Apropos caps:

I assume you have used data from Lunariel and the resource tree XML file. Then notice that although the caps are believed to be the correct caps, there can be mistakes and false assumptions. The data is gathered from statistical analysis and may very well be off by a few degrees on occasion.

Thence, I would suggest that resources "not allowed for", as the one mentioned above, are directed to another page asking the user to verify the offending stat.

Or have I totally misunderstood something here? Perhaps I should enter a resource just for testing purposes, still lacking playing time so ... :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Hmmm, seems I inputted a wrong limitation on it.... Should be fixed now though
Apropos caps:

I assume you have used data from Lunariel and the resource tree XML file. Then notice that although the caps are believed to be the correct caps, there can be mistakes and false assumptions. The data is gathered from statistical analysis and may very well be off by a few degrees on occasion.

Thence, I would suggest that resources "not allowed for", as the one mentioned above, are directed to another page asking the user to verify the offending stat.

Or have I totally misunderstood something here? Perhaps I should enter a resource just for testing purposes, still lacking playing time so ... :)
Sorry for the long delay on the answer to this.

ATM, the only limitiations we use are which planets the resource can spawn on and which stats it has. We do not currently use the upper caps we have in the database for anything (Except the resource_info.php page), but that may all change in the future