Resource Usage Experimental Properties Filter

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resource Usage Experimental Properties Filter

Post by Sobuno » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Heloc wrote:This is a feature that I would really like to see. I'm an armorsmith but I always try to keep my eye out for high quality resources spawns. I don't look for specific resources, I just look at current spawns and see what is good. I always find myself checking to see what that resource is used for and I would love to be able to filter the resource usage search with check boxed for the experimental properties boxes.

There are simply too many different schematics with too many different requirements to try and keep it all straight.
I actually added this feature just yesterday ;)

Heloc
Novice Crafter

Post by Heloc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:00 pm

I just saw that. I played around with it a little bit and it should work perfectly for the way that I use the site.

Thanks!

Heloc
Novice Crafter

Post by Heloc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm

There is one small issue to be aware of as I'm not sure if it can or needs to be fixed.

For example: Lets say I see a spawn of some kind of fiberplast that has a really high OQ but all of its other stats are junk. I might check to see what that fiberplast is used in and select OQ for the filter and then, since all the other stats suck, I'll select "and nothing else" to get results that only look at this resources OQ. However, since there are a bunch of schematics that use fiberplast and look at OQ and CD, all of those results get filtered out.

One solution would be to make the filter use two drop-down menus. The first menu would include the options "and" and "and not". The second menu would include all of the options that the current oe does. Then, I could select "and"/"OQ" for the first stat and then for the second stat I would select "and not"/"SR". I could keep going until I filtered out all of the stats that fiberplast has ratings for but are sub-par. If that makes any sense.

Maybe the first menu could even include an "and/or" option so if the resource has good OQ and SR (for example), the query will return everything that looks at both OQ and SR and everything that looks at only OQ.

I'm certain that you know more about it that me but that is one solution that I thought of anyways.

Great addition to the site; I'm certain that I, for one, will use it often.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:37 pm

If I understand this correctly, you want to be able to find schematics that use Fiberplast, in which the only stat from the Fiberplast that has any influence is the OQ (As Fiberplast does not have CD as a stat), right?

Heloc
Novice Crafter

Post by Heloc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 am

That's right. The problem is that, when I select OQ + "and nothing else" it only returns those schems that only look at OQ even though that are schems that look only look at OQ for the fiberplast but OQ and CD for everything else. I hope that helps.

It isn't a big deal so I wouldn't spend a ton of time on it.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Stats that a resource does not possess are now ignored (CD, for example, is ignored when seeing resource usage for Fiberplast).

Also fixed a cosmetical bug that happened when going back and forth between the Resource Usage page and the View Schematic page

Heloc
Novice Crafter

Post by Heloc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Its perfect! I didn't know if the way that you solved it was possible but it is obviously the best solution.

Thanks for this feature, you will save me tons of time in using the site going forward.

Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter

Post by Ce'Nedra » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Awesome new feature, thanks devs!