Geothermal Energy

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Goll
Novice Crafter

Geothermal Energy

Post by Goll » Wed May 23, 2007 9:35 pm

...is now available on all planets, are you planning on adding this to the resource list?
Space Moves and Funk Grooves

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu May 24, 2007 5:33 am

What stats does it have? Only PE?

Oh, and what swgcraft_id should I assign to it to follow the naming scheme?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu May 24, 2007 5:10 pm

Gave it the stat OQ and PE for now

Oh, and added "Deed for: Geothermal Harvester" -> http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1402 Is that the correct name?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Sobuno wrote:What stats does it have? Only PE?

Oh, and what swgcraft_id should I assign to it to follow the naming scheme?
I suggest GEG and **GEG where ** is planet abbreviation, following the other energy forms. I will update the resource tree XML right away and upload it shortly. Since we do not know its lower nor upper cap they will be 1 and 1000 respectively, until we know better.

Code: Select all

<resource_type swgcraft_id="geg" description="Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000">
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="cogeg" description="Corellian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="dngeg" description="Dantooine Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="dageg" description="Dathomirian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="engeg" description="Endorian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="kageg" description="Kashyyykian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="logeg" description="Lokian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="nageg" description="Nabooian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="rogeg" description="Rori Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="tugeg" description="Talusian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="tageg" description="Tatooinian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
      <resource_type swgcraft_id="yageg" description="Yavinian Geothermal Renewable Energy" pe_min="1" pe_max="1000" oq_min="1" oq_max="1000"/>
    </resource_type>
Does anybody know what the exact name is in the Interplanetary Surevy Droid mails, since that will be what sets the name in the XML file. That is important since any automatized mail parser must know exactly the right name.

Is it also available at Mustafar? Since it seems possible to sample it manually.

Does the above look OK to you?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 25, 2007 6:14 pm

The schematic for
Geothermal Energy Survey Device
Acquired at: Enginrering Fundamentals I
Complexity: 5
Data Size: 1
Assembly Closure: 8 Metal
Controller Mechanism: 5 Metal
Scanner Assembly: 3 Metal
Experimentation Efficiency:
..Quality
....CD 100%

Text: This tool checks the average local geothermal activity. Its primary use is for determining a good place to construct a geothermal power generator.

It looks as a Mineral Survey Device.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 25, 2007 6:24 pm

I believe GESD is a valid swgcraft_id. The survey devices follow no pattern but their initials. At least GESD is not used by something else.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 pm

Adding schematics is a pain ATM, seeing that I haven't had the time for making a page for it yet, so I have to dig into the database and do it manually (which takes some time)

Anyway, know anything about how much XP it gives? Might aswell get all info on it

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 26, 2007 11:56 am

Sobuno wrote:Anyway, know anything about how much XP it gives? Might aswell get all info on it
Looks as we would promote and support somebody taking up a new Trader, as Masters Traders do not see the XP. Important is to have plain XP, without extra bonus of any kind.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 am

Zimoon, I am thinking of doing just such a thing, quite possibly engineer, (not really sure yet but I've always wanted to make droids, just never got around to it before the UC chased me off) I would be happy to jot down all information wanted on my way up, I'll just need to know what that information is please.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 pm

There are two things, besides the schematic details itself of course, but I believe quite a few of them are known already.
  • At each level as a Trader, what schematics, skills and abilities do you get? This is however, easily read at the profession wheel at any point in time.
  • Each schematic, which is the given XP without no buffs or alike?
I believe you can post to a separate thread for this purpose.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Actually, the official site is current with which schematics are granted at which levels (including all the beast master crafting items:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.co ... m?id=70009

The only thing that is not current on there is the move of the Gungan Head Statue for structures. It is no longer granted at 34, but is granted at 86 now.

I do have a non-master crafter on test center and should be able to determine the XP of the geothermal survey device (and the harvester too if we need that).

But yea, if someone who's grinding professions could check each item on the list for unbuffed XP. I'll see what I can do with some of it.

All of the XP amounts are different post-chapter 5 from what they were previously.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:26 am

Thx Onyx, well informed as always.

/salute

/Z

Rayn
Novice Crafter

Post by Rayn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Currently on Naboo: Cathydism, Nabooian Geothermal Energy PE 922 / OQ 973 avalaible.

Not sure if it's ok to post it here - so if there's a better place please move it :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Rayn wrote:...so if there's a better place please move it :wink:
Try http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/add_resources.php which is the place to report resources.

All resources added here is also sent to old SWGCraft.com, if possible.

/Z

Rayn
Novice Crafter

Post by Rayn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Ok saw this too late, guess one is only supposed to add CURRENTLY available ressources right? So I added Geo Energy Irine, which is available atm on Naboo, but trying to find out where I could get better energy it seems as there is none - but that just means noone else has added current geo energy I suppose?