Rarity & Price guide

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Rarity & Price guide

Post by Rackle » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:24 pm

Would the members of this site, and the developers of course, be interested in constructing a rarity and price guide for items? I've had nights of looting where I get stuff and have no idea if I have a rare or a common, and if it's rare, what it's worth or what it last sold for.

Item:
Tusken Talisman

Rarity:
Common

Average cost:
Game wide average: 15k
Galaxy 1 avg: 10k
Galaxy 2 avg: 20k

Thoughts?

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Rarity & Price guide

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 am

I'd like to see it. I'm trying to get rid of a couple of Exceptional Eggs and an Exceptional Milk.

But really you'd probably get quicker answers asking in your galaxy's trade forum at the main site.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:34 am

Using the forums, you'll get an offer, not necessarily what it could sell for it you put on your vendor.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:22 pm

For whatever it's worth, Flurry people, I just got 3 mil for the Exceptional Milk.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Rackle wrote:Would the members of this site, and the developers of course, be interested in constructing a rarity and price guide for items? I've had nights of looting where I get stuff and have no idea if I have a rare or a common, and if it's rare, what it's worth or what it last sold for.

Item:
Tusken Talisman

Rarity:
Common

Average cost:
Game wide average: 15k
Galaxy 1 avg: 10k
Galaxy 2 avg: 20k

Thoughts?
I would be interested in seeing it as well although I am not sure I see a need for the "Average Cost" as prices tend to change so quickly especially when you have 4 or 5 people that persist in selling cheaper than the last person, what sells for 1 million credits on Monday is down to 5000 credits by Wednesday when these people are in action.

But I would love to see a rarity guide.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:49 pm

Average cost would adjust overtime as people update stats.

I'd work to add data to it, but I'm not the guy to develop it. Is this something the swgcraft devs could whip up?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:53 pm

I could develop it for sure, but I think it would need quite a fair amount of data to be of any use. And I guess it would require us to have a complete loot database? It would be more fitting on SWGStuff in that they already (I think) have a loot database.

That said, if you guys want it, I could spend some time developing it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't for a second doubt that Sobuno is capable of doing an awesome job with that. Neither do I doubt his judgment, me too believe SWGStuff is the better place.

Historically there has been similar start-ups in the past, all have died of lack of interest. Good speed at start, as is common (the early-adopters come quickly), but declining quite fast (when it became more of a chore to keep it up-to-date than the benefit).

Personally I use the Bazaar and I tend to put myself in the bottom segment. There are always someone that tries to undercut, perhaps wants the quick money, so I don't look at the bottom rookies, but since I want to sell too, I don't bother with the dust collectors :P

Of course I have to browse the Bazaar's Vendor Location search every 2nd or 3rd week, or less frequent, but it is OK for me. Probably others feel differently. I will continue to follow this thread silently, perhaps someone comes with a shiny bright idea :D

/Zimoon

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm

I actually think it would be best on the codex site, but someone made a comment about something not working on the site the other day on the main board, and cebot (who runs it I think) didn't seem to receptive, so I decided not to suggest it :|

I don't have much luck checking the bazaar, since Naritus only has about 7 people with vendors :)