Adding resources

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Camelz
Novice Crafter

Adding resources

Post by Camelz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi, could anyone explain to me how to add resources with stats. I currently upload my /mailsave using SWGAide but then have to go on the SWGCraft site and manually update the resource stats one by one, using a 30k resource deed to look them up.
Is there an easier way to do this please?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Adding resources

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Camelz wrote:Hi, could anyone explain to me how to add resources with stats. I currently upload my /mailsave using SWGAide but then have to go on the SWGCraft site and manually update the resource stats one by one, using a 30k resource deed to look them up.
Is there an easier way to do this please?
You are already using SWGAide? Then just carry on, but listen.

Once you are at the ISDroid panel in SWGAide, there are three buttons, the first one is to mark depleted and mark available known resources, no hassle there. The second one is "Write to res.txt" which is the link between the game and SWGAide, click that one. Go into game, open the file res.txt with the in-game command "note res" (quotes excluded). Now you have a file with the new and stat-less resources and you can add the stats to them using the 30k deed which you mentioned you have. Once every resource is done, close the notepad and go back to SWGAide. Now you can click the final, third button ""Submit res.txt". And voilà, SWGCraft is updated with the resources, including the stats. And so is the panel Current Resource, with stats and all.

Remember that as soon you are confused in SWGAide, click F1 at your keyboard and the help text for that panel is brought up. Or use the Help menu. Do that now, hit F1 while at the ISDroid panel, and then read about the different options. For example, when you have the 30k deed you most probably want to use the format "long list" and not the planet by planet.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Since he's usually the first to welcome new folks, I can only guess he was so excited about your question he forgot, so on his behalf and all of us vets here welcome and thanks for your help.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Zbignew wrote:Since he's usually the first to welcome new folks, I can only guess he was so excited about your question he forgot, so on his behalf and all of us vets here welcome and thanks for your help.

Zbig
:shock:

Did I, oooh I did :oops:

Reason: I was cooking a South-French Potato soup at the same time I was typing. Now I am full and pleased though :D

Welcome around Camelz, and thanks Zbig for the kind nudge.

/Z

Camelz
Novice Crafter

Post by Camelz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Thanks for the advice, the fast responses and the welcomes :D

That sounds easy enough Zimoon, and I should have known.......if all else fails, RTFM

Mmmmmm potato soup. My mother makes great potato soup with leeks, nutmeg, cream and a huge handful of chopped parsley thrown in right at the end.