A quick hello

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

xposis
Novice Crafter

A quick hello

Post by xposis » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:25 pm

I only recently knew about this place on the old grape vine. I will now be telling more people on the eclipse server.

Nice one guys

Also who is paying for your bandwidth? And do you have a donations thingy?

/bow3

Respect guys and gals

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:17 pm

Welcome :)

No donations thingy yet as far as I know

And I think Slyvampy is paying the hosting out of his own pocket.

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:34 pm

He should get some advertisers on here... just not the guys selling 10 million credits for $5.

xposis
Novice Crafter

Post by xposis » Tue May 01, 2007 6:09 pm

i think that a donate button like paypal would be a good idea somewhere on the first page of the site.

It's a good idea and i'm sure even if people could only donate a $5 or so, possibly have an option to remove the adverts for say 6 months or so. Other sites do this and i think its a good way to keep them self supporting or even just have a page of links to online retailers so if you buy something you know the site gets a cut of it to fund the hosting /domain.

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Wed May 02, 2007 3:38 am

Thanks guys, your support means alot.

At the moment, yes i am indeed paying for the bandwith/hosting; however it is noted and appricated that people are prepared to help out with the fees etc.

Once we have launched the site properly, (target date is still June 1st). I will incorporate some sort of paypal donations for the site, just to help cover some costs of operation. However I wont be doing this until then at least - as we arent really even in a beta stage yet, still lots of hardwork to be done :)

Once again, thanks for your contiuned support.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Wed May 02, 2007 11:39 am

I hope I'm not being to personal, what does it cost to run a site like this on a monthly basis?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 02, 2007 11:45 am

Rackle wrote:I hope I'm not being to personal, what does it cost to run a site like this on a monthly basis?
Think the most expensive part would be hiring PHP developers :P

But as far as I know (Without knowing what it really costs), it all depends on how popular the site is. The more popular it is, the more bandwidth we use, and the more we probably have to pay the hosting provider. I think we do have a certain amount of free bandwidth though before paying extra

Calyx
Novice Crafter

Post by Calyx » Thu May 17, 2007 4:23 pm

Greetings all.

I have taken on the task of updating all the flora and creature resources on swgcraft.com for Bria. I just recently found out about this site last night and I must say it is looking pretty good. I haven't gotten a chance to check all the different areas out but I'll start taking a gander this weekend at the features. If I can be of any help, I'd be glad to assist.
Calyx Jorn - Jedi
Vagoina Jorn - Structures Trader
Rakix Jorn - Engineer Trader
Xelrag Jorn - Domestics Trader
Guild Leader - Edge of Sanity (EoS)
:: Bria :: Talus ::