old resources

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

old resources

Post by Ibaum » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:02 am

I'd like to see a better way of putting in old resources. Right now you have to pick a planet, and sometimes the right planet, and then put them in and immediately go mark them as unavailable. Every now and then I get caught looking for a resource that someone has put in and forgotten to remove, or I'll forget to remove one myself.

Is there a way that an old resource form could be implemented? Maybe I'm just lazy but I'd rather not have to take the extra steps, especially when my only goal is to try to help improve the database for crafters who are thinking of popping their 30k resource deeds. This is especially true when it comes to Musty resources, simply because they're input so infrequently and the database has large holes in it.

I'm not sure how to best do this, but maybe a link from the Add Resources page to a new Add Old Resources page that doesn't need the planet information. I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there.
/Ibaum

Sobuno
Developer

Re: old resources

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 am

Have you tried looking at the bottom of the Add Resources page where there is a link to a Add Old Resources page that doesn't need the planet information?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:27 am

Sobuno wrote:Have you tried looking at the bottom of the Add Resources page where there is a link to a Add Old Resources page that doesn't need the planet information?
Wohoo, I have not notice this one: "Want to add a historical ("Out Of Spawn") resource? Click here!". How new is that one?

But I must admit I seldom submit data this way :oops:

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 am

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Have you tried looking at the bottom of the Add Resources page where there is a link to a Add Old Resources page that doesn't need the planet information?
Wohoo, I have not notice this one: "Want to add a historical ("Out Of Spawn") resource? Click here!". How new is that one?

But I must admit I seldom submit data this way :oops:

/Zimoon
Almost two months

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks, I guess I just missed it!
/Ibaum