Cannot spawn on planet?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

bagginz
Novice Crafter

Cannot spawn on planet?

Post by bagginz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Been spending time surveying Geothermal and trying to post my finds, but keep getting the message that the resources cannot spawn on the given planets. Out of 10 finds, only one planet posted?
any ideas?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Cannot spawn on planet?

Post by Sobuno » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Can you name the resource classes you've tried to add? Also, which method of input did you try to use?

bagginz
Novice Crafter

Post by bagginz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:33 pm

I surveyed the universe for geothermal on every planet, only one type on talus went in.
as for the method of adding, i just clicked 'add resource" and used the form.
hoping to figure out what's up so i can continue to post the finds i make.

Thanks for responding!

bagginz
Novice Crafter

Post by bagginz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:10 am

Okee dokeee founded it!
All my mistake 100%
I was trying to enter in all the geo for every planet at the same time, but one cannot do that, it has to be each planet individually.
Thusly the Datholirian Geothermal energy cannot spawn on Yavin 4.
I discovered this when i went to enter in the rest of my mineral results, then i realised what i was doing wrong :)

Blushing a lot in embarrassment

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 am

bagginz wrote:Okee dokeee founded it!
All my mistake 100%
I was trying to enter in all the geo for every planet at the same time, but one cannot do that, it has to be each planet individually.
Thusly the Datholirian Geothermal energy cannot spawn on Yavin 4.
I discovered this when i went to enter in the rest of my mineral results, then i realised what i was doing wrong :)

Blushing a lot in embarrassment

I have found that the easiest and safest method for updates is to go them all using ISD's and then in the case of Geothermal going to the planets that have changed to fill in the stats, doing it this way removes a lot of the errors and allows complete galaxy surveys to be done (except creature) within 25 minutes.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:26 am

bagginz wrote:I was trying to enter in all the geo for every planet at the same time, but one cannot do that, it has to be each planet individually.
Only way, directly through our site, to add resources to multiple planets at the same time is through the advanced version of the note field found at the bottom of the "Current Resources" page (When you do have a planet selected that is).

Syntax is:

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
planetA, planetB, planetC, resourceName, resourceClass, statA, statB, statC, statD
planetA, planetB, planetC, resourceName, resourceClass, statA, statB, statC, statD
swgcraft_end
Note that the names of the planets and the class can be abbreviated

In your example it would be something like:

swgcraft_start
C, name of Corellia geothermal energy, Core Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
Dath, name of Dathomirian geothermal energy, Dath Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
Tal, name of Talusian geothermal energy, Tal Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
swgcraft_end
Some of the abbreviations I've made could possibly be even shorter (Like "C Geo" instead of "Core Geotherm", haven't tested it though)

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:48 am

Sobuno wrote:
bagginz wrote:I was trying to enter in all the geo for every planet at the same time, but one cannot do that, it has to be each planet individually.
Only way, directly through our site, to add resources to multiple planets at the same time is through the advanced version of the note field found at the bottom of the "Current Resources" page (When you do have a planet selected that is).

Syntax is:

swgcraft_start
swgcraft_end
Note that the names of the planets and the class can be abbreviated

In your example it would be something like:

swgcraft_start
C, name of Corellia geothermal energy, Core Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
Dath, name of Dathomirian geothermal energy, Dath Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
Tal, name of Talusian geothermal energy, Tal Geotherm, PE value, OQ value
swgcraft_end
Some of the abbreviations I've made could possibly be even shorter (Like "C Geo" instead of "Core Geotherm", haven't tested it though)
Three letters of the first two words works so "cor geo" works, the only time this doesnt work is in the case of domestic and wild milk and meat and avian meat and bone but "cor dom mil", "cor dom mea", "cor avi mea" and cor avi bon" works.

Basically you add letters until you reach the point of variation ie D and DA wont work as you have Dathomir and Dantooine but you can stop at DAT or DAN, you dont need to add "Hide" to the structural section as the wooly, bristley, scaley and leather are unique on their own you also do not need to use Vapor for water or Energy for Geothermal.
ie DAT WAT works for Dathomir Water Vapor, DAT GEO works for Dathomir Geothermal Energy and DAT WOO works for Dathomir Wooly Hide.

I imagine it can be reduced further but I like the simplicity of remembering one rule for all.

I have spent way tooooooo long on this site.

:)