Find Resource: Siliclastic Ore

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Find Resource: Siliclastic Ore

Post by daegon_bria » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:59 am

I was using the find resource feature and when i filtered by "Siliclastic Ore", "Ardanium Siliclastic Ore" was not returned with the query.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Find Resource: Siliclastic Ore

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:22 am

They're showing up on my screen alright. What other parameters did you search for? (Server, planet, name, minimum values/experimental percentages, etc.)

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:04 pm

OK this is how i created the situation.

Server: Bria
Planets: All Planets

When i put in these following percentages.

Condider caps is clicked.
MA 25, OQ 25, SR 25, UT 25

You would expect the results, i am assuming by Rating in orde.

As when you filter by "Siliclastic Ore"
Results :

Sohi Tertian Siliclastic Ore.... Rating 907 - the best
Boweide Tertian Siliclastic Ore... Rating 906
Trisoviite Tertian Siliclastic Ore... Rating 900
Ileliak Tertian Siliclastic Ore... Rating 894
Quadonoadeate Tertian Siliclastic Ore ... Rating 887
Iovia Tertian Siliclastic Ore... Rating 881
... farther down you find Robindun Siliclastic Ore and Fermionic Siliclastic Ore

Filter by "Ardanium Siliclastic Ore"
Results:

Eveite Ardanium Siliclastic Ore ... Rating 906
Oreetevad Ardanium Siliclastic Ore ... Rating 882

As you can see though that because both were filtered exactly the same Ardanium Siliclastic Ore should be returned in the original query. These are just my observations.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:24 pm

The Consider Caps option takes into account the caps of the class you selected (Siliclastic Ore).

The caps are (For the mentioned stats):
MA = 1000
OQ = 1000
SR = 600
UT = 700
These are the stats required for a score of 1000

Boweide (The second best result) obtains a score of 906 by the following calculation:
Points for MA: 946/1000*0,25
Points for OQ: 935/1000*0,25
Points for SR: 499/600*0,25
Points for UT: 637/700*0,25
Total points: (Points for MA + Points for OQ + Points for SR + Points for UT)*1000 = 905,6667 (Then rounded up to 906)

Eveite obtains a score of 392 by the following calculation:
Points for MA: 444/1000*0,25
Points for OQ: 699/1000*0,25
Points for SR: 128/600*0,25
Points for UT: 147/700*0,25
Total points: (Points for MA + Points for OQ + Points for SR + Points for UT)*1000 = 391,5833 (Then rounded up to 392)

We always assume that you're looking for the best Siliclastic Ore for whatever you're crafting. If you were looking for the best Ardanium Siliclastic Ore, you would naturally select that as the class to search for (Which in turn would give Eveite the score of 906 you mentioned).

I fail to see a bug here :)

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Ok I am going to use this Current Resource as an example. This is just for my understanding.

Code: Select all

Oreetevad, Ardanium Siliclastic Ore (Bria)
 	                  CR	    DR         HR	         MA	      OQ	     SR	     UT
Value                  322    130        343	        352	      873	    125	    140
% of cap (Cap)	71.2%(452) 85.5%(152) 75.8%(452) 77.8%(452) 87.3%(1000) 95.4%(131) 92.1% (152)
Edit Stats
The resource caps are different then the ones you outlined here for Siliclastic:
The Consider Caps option takes into account the caps of the class you selected (Siliclastic Ore).

The caps are (For the mentioned stats):
MA = 1000
OQ = 1000
SR = 600
UT = 700
These are the stats required for a score of 1000
So in that case when calculating for Siliclastic Ore it needs to take in to account the different in resource caps in displaying results.

Unless i am totally confused the Oreetevad should be viable against other Siliclastic Ore such as Sohi. I am just going on what i am seeing.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

The caps I listed are for the general class named Siliclastic Ore: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=159. They are the max possible value a subclass can have (But it doesn't mean that all subclasses can reach this cap):
Ardanium Siliclastic Ore
Cortosis Siliclastic Ore
Crism Siliclastic Ore
Fermionic Siliclastic Ore
Low Grade Ore (Siliclastic)
Malab Siliclastic Ore
Robindun Siliclastic Ore
Tertian Siliclastic Ore
The caps you are seeing are for the subclass Ardanium Siliclastic Ore: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=159

On the Current Resources page (And the Show Resource page you copy-pasted), the % of cap is the percentage of the subclass cap as it is meant to help rate how good a resource of that class it is (100% in all stats would be a perfect Ardanium Siliclastic Ore). A perfect Ardanium Siliclastic Ore would never be a perfect Siliclastic Ore though as the resource can't reach the caps of Siliclastic Ore.

UPDATE: As far as I can tell, only Tertian Siliclastic Ore and Fermionic Siliclastic Ore can be perfect Siliclastic Ores. Tertian has the same upper caps as the Siliclastic Ore class has, while Fermionic Siliclastic Ore is a JTL resource (Which as far as I know means it has upper caps of 1000 on everything. When used in a schematic that calls for Siliclastic Ore, stats above the upper cap for Siliclastic Ore does not boost the product further. Example: Fermionic Siliclastic Ore with SR of 1000 will still only count as a SR of 600)

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Ok, I see what your saying so if i had a theoretical Perfect Ardanium Siliclastic Ore and used it for something that was requiring Siliclastic Ore, it would be rated much lower against say perfect Tertian Siliclastic Ore. So in effect, using perfect Ardanium would yield me poor results?

I am seeing what you are saying finally. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:20 pm

daegon_bria wrote:Ok, I see what your saying so if i had a theoretical Perfect Ardanium Siliclastic Ore and used it for something that was requiring Siliclastic Ore, it would be rated much lower against say perfect Tertian Siliclastic Ore. So in effect, using perfect Ardanium would yield me poor results?

I am seeing what you are saying finally. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me.
Well, yes, that's my best guess. You should note that I am not an active player though, so a confirmation from someone more knowledgeable about crafting would be best.

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Sobuno wrote:
daegon_bria wrote:Ok, I see what your saying so if i had a theoretical Perfect Ardanium Siliclastic Ore and used it for something that was requiring Siliclastic Ore, it would be rated much lower against say perfect Tertian Siliclastic Ore. So in effect, using perfect Ardanium would yield me poor results?

Well, yes, that's my best guess. You should note that I am not an active player though, so a confirmation from someone more knowledgeable about crafting would be best.
I will take some time tonight and check this out i will let you know later how this works out.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Sorry I jump into the thread this late, but Sobuno is perfectly right. If the schematic calls for Siliclastic Ore it is the caps of Siliclastic Ore that counts, not its sub-classes.

This is spelled out in detail in the Beginners Guide for Traders, the Power Crafting chapter, but how caps work spills over to the Find Resources filter too, of natural reasons.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 pm

So, if it is Siliclastic Ore that is called for I suggest you look out for Fermionic Siliclastic Ore (a JTL Siliclastic Ore that actually may surpass the caps), or Tertian Siliclastic Ore which is the only "normal" Siliclastic Ore that can reach the caps of Siliclastic Ore.

Details on caps are browsed in Resource caps or read in the XML file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles.

/Zimoon

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Zimoon wrote:So, if it is Siliclastic Ore that is called for I suggest you look out for Fermionic Siliclastic Ore (a JTL Siliclastic Ore that actually may surpass the caps), or Tertian Siliclastic Ore which is the only "normal" Siliclastic Ore that can reach the caps of Siliclastic Ore.

Details on caps are browsed in Resource caps or read in the XML file at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles.

/Zimoon
Thanks alot Zimoon.

I have been a crafter for a long time. I updated the old swgcraft for over a year on Bria on a daily basis. Until recently i was not concerned with resource caps. As i only got the best with the highest numbers and was only aware of the CD cap for making shipwright parts. Recently though my knowledge base has been expanded. I developed a munitions trader where my eyes were opened to resource stat caps across the board and with this new sites resource cap on display.

This would be my final lesson in understanding resource usage, I have been crafting top end SW goods for a long time but i guess was doing it the hard way.