Traders Guide/Wiki

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

jasey
Novice Crafter

Traders Guide/Wiki

Post by jasey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Have you considered working on a wiki of some sort for crafters in SWG? There are so many questions people could have on the subject and it's so difficult to get a proper answer lol... One of the best sites to go for information is the actual swg forums or Allakhazam and it's quite intimidating if you're a new user :)

Just a thought however :)
Gaming Cafe Forums - Forums for Gamers

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Traders Guide/Wiki

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:17 pm

jasey wrote:Have you considered working on a wiki of some sort for crafters in SWG? There are so many questions people could have on the subject and it's so difficult to get a proper answer lol... One of the best sites to go for information is the actual swg forums or Allakhazam and it's quite intimidating if you're a new user :)

Just a thought however :)
It would probably be wiser to develop a trader section at the existing SWG Wiki than develop a whole new one.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Traders Guide/Wiki

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 am

I actually begun providing some articles and edited some existing articles at the known SWG Wikia. Some dude reverted and degraded all my submissions. I have plenty of knowledge in the Wiki-style of articles, but ... :roll:

But a lot of articles on this or that are great at SWG Wiki. IMHO a Wiki is great for articles on this or that. For crafting though, I think a linear guide with a trailing FAQ is way better. A Wiki is not linear, it is fragmented, but learning to craft is very much linear, at least not fragmented, possibly you can walk one path before another, but you will walk them both eventually.

Beginners Guide for Traders

/Zimoon