clean-up failure?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ngetal
Novice Crafter

clean-up failure?

Post by ngetal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:42 pm

I've noticed a few times (and have previously 'cleaned up') that the survey droid reports don't seem to be marking old water entries as unavailable - not sure if it might be because no stats got reported? I've left it this time for you, in case you needed it to check things. only seen it with water, so I'm not sure if any of the other resources might be doing that as well.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: clean-up failure?

Post by Savacc » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:48 am

Sobuno is going to have to answer this, but to help him out, are you using SWGAid or the site (code originally written by Trok) to report your ISDs?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:18 am

Savacc wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:48 am
the site (code originally written by Trok)
The only code we have used from Trokk's site are the various calculators found under "Tools" in the left-side menu (Actually created by Graymane), the rest has mostly been done by me.

As for the original issue, the ISD import feature on this site doesn't have any special behaviour related to the fact that the resources are coming from an ISD report, so it does not do any special cleanup. However, some resources have a restriction that only one type of that resource can be available at a time, thus "auto-despawning" the previous resource when the entry comes in.

The same issue was mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2386

ngetal
Novice Crafter

Post by ngetal » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 pm

thanks for the link - had a look through and it seems like they were asking the same question -- if it's not on the survey droid report, shouldn't it be marked as 'unavailable'?

by the by, I've been submitting the droid reports by saving the in-game emails then using the website link to upload the files with the reports. though it's sounding like I should maybe check out this SWGaide?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 am

Sobuno wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:18 am
Savacc wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:48 am
the site (code originally written by Trok)
The only code we have used from Trokk's site are the various calculators found under "Tools" in the left-side menu (Actually created by Graymane), the rest has mostly been done by me.

As for the original issue, the ISD import feature on this site doesn't have any special behaviour related to the fact that the resources are coming from an ISD report, so it does not do any special cleanup. However, some resources have a restriction that only one type of that resource can be available at a time, thus "auto-despawning" the previous resource when the entry comes in.

The same issue was mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2386
Sorry I misremembered what Trokk wrote and what you wrote.

Wow that link was fun for me to read. I miss Z. I miss the days when we would kick around crafting and resource theory like that. It is so much different in the Emu now. If we have a question we just go look at the code now, no mystery, no need to speculate.

By the way, Kyle, the Emu dev who wrote the crafting code, wrote it pretty much like I described in that link. I don't know if he read that post, or I ever gave my theory on resources to him, or if great minds think alike. :mrgreen:

Just another observation - I am not sure why I thought geothermal could spawn from the random pool. I suspect it was from the tre files. In the Emu geothermal can not spawn from the random pool, it is only a planetary resource and it will have only one in spawn per planet, ever. Water is still a planetary and random resource, so there can be more than one water per planet. I tried to explain my understanding of the "third water" that could spawn to IvoJedi, a dev at the Emu. Ivo didn't buy my explanation. Ivo interpreted Lunariel one way, I interpreted it a different way. I know I am right, but decided it didn't really matter. Doing it his way would be simpler to code. doing it my way would be harder to code and not really improve the game in any way, so...

ngetal
Novice Crafter

Post by ngetal » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

noticed today that other resources don't seem to be marking as 'unavailable' items that do not appear in the survey droid reports --
chemical - lub oil & polymer - reported 27 days ago
mineral - gemstone, ore, radioactive, solid petrochem, aluminum, steel, copper, iron - reported 27 days ago
gas - reported 27 days ago

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 am

Unless you are using SWGAide now, your reports will not be marking them unavailable. Any user can mark resources as unavailable though, if they want to help out.

I believe, Sobuno has resources set to be marked auto-unavailable after 30 days, unless it is one of the "there can be only one" resources.

Even using SWGAide, I would find some resources "fell through the cracks" and did not get marked unavailable. So I would end up going through the lists on the server I played on and marking the "too long" resources unavailable manually.