Features you're absolutely longing for?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

pookerbacca
Novice Crafter

Re: Features you're absolutely longing for?

Post by pookerbacca » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 pm

quote]

Can you give an example? I don't think I ever used the resource filters on the old site[/quote]

In the old site - you would be able to filter specific resource types (same drop down menu as the "find resources" funtion) by miniumum absolute stat values. For example, I could create a filter to show all "steel" <amongst the current resources on Starsider et.c ) that had minimum values for OQ SR UT HR of 700 or more. It was not a perfect system and in fact your colour coding of red, orange and green to show % of cap - on the current resources page - is very helpful in this regard. However, setting up filters allowed you to save different parameters for different crafting focus (i.e AS - oq/sr, bm dr/or, shipwright oq/ut etc. etc. ).

I'm no coder, but I think the filter basically had the same interface as the find resources funtion, except it only applied to current resources and you could save custom built filters under your ID. Essentially, when I clicked on filters - I would have 20+ pre-configured filters I could click on to get the results without having to manually go through "find resources" or scan all of "current resources".

My only suggestion is, if you can filter by % of capped stat (i.e. you colour codes) in addition to absolute values - it would be perfect.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:37 am

If I understand this correctly, you want a page like this

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php

but for current resources, where by you can save your own "templated" searches as 'saved filters' that only hits the current resources information ?
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

pookerbacca
Novice Crafter

Post by pookerbacca » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Slyvampy wrote:If I understand this correctly, you want a page like this

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php

but for current resources, where by you can save your own "templated" searches as 'saved filters' that only hits the current resources information ?
Pretty much :). - I believe the old filter only allowed searches by minimum values (no point in doing experimental percetages since it only filters current resources).

My only suggestion to improve on it would be to also search by minimum "% of cap" (e.g. filter all steel that has oq and sr that are at least 90% of cap for those two stats) as well as minimum absolute values (e.g. filter all steel that has oq and sr that are at least 900 for those two stats).

Thanks again Devs!

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:39 pm

Not really a feature but something to make things a little easier and a little more accurate.

Would it be possible to add a category for resources that are only available via the 30k Crate.

I use the 30k resource crate to update creature resources which means things like Dantooine, Dathomir, Endor, Kashyyyk, Lok and Mustafar Domestic Meat have spawns attributed to them in the 30k Crate but don't actually spawn in reality.
Last edited by Monty Burns on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Newmoon
Novice Crafter

Post by Newmoon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:27 am

I'd like to know ahead of time that a resource is in spawn, before I go hunting stats. In the old site, if you typed in the resource name, it did a db call for that server. You already have it doing a call after the resource type is put in, to shade the right stat blocks. I hate having to flip between a planet screen, back to all planets, just to see if that item is already in spawn.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:54 pm

Newmoon wrote:I'd like to know ahead of time that a resource is in spawn, before I go hunting stats. In the old site, if you typed in the resource name, it did a db call for that server. You already have it doing a call after the resource type is put in, to shade the right stat blocks. I hate having to flip between a planet screen, back to all planets, just to see if that item is already in spawn.
If you use the textfield at the bottom of a planetary Current Resources page with one name per line, it should automatically fill in any stats (and classes) it finds in the database. That way, all the resources without any stats/classes automatically filled in have not been entered yet.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:32 pm

pookerbacca wrote:(e.g. filter all steel that has oq and sr that are at least 90% of cap for those two stats)
Do you mean at least 90% of steel's cap or the specific resource class' cap (Carbonite Steel has a SR cap of 965 for example)?

kostic
Novice Crafter

Post by kostic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 pm

How about the resource usage list displaying resource usage for the resource's parent?

For example: I am on the current resource page for my server and I find something called Hollinium Intrusive Ore and when I click the link to find what schematic's use Hollinium Intrusive Ore, it returns nothing.... Here lies the feature request..

Hollinium Intrusive Ore is a subset of Intrusive Ore, so shouldn't Hollinium Intrusive Ore return all the Intrusive Ore resource usage as well?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:19 pm

kostic wrote:How about the resource usage list displaying resource usage for the resource's parent?

For example: I am on the current resource page for my server and I find something called Hollinium Intrusive Ore and when I click the link to find what schematic's use Hollinium Intrusive Ore, it returns nothing.... Here lies the feature request..

Hollinium Intrusive Ore is a subset of Intrusive Ore, so shouldn't Hollinium Intrusive Ore return all the Intrusive Ore resource usage as well?
Wouldn't that have to be recursive all the way up to the main category (Inorganic in this case I think)? Would be an awfully long list

kostic
Novice Crafter

Post by kostic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Sobuno wrote:
kostic wrote:How about the resource usage list displaying resource usage for the resource's parent?

Wouldn't that have to be recursive all the way up to the main category (Inorganic in this case I think)? Would be an awfully long list

Good point.

Programmatically it would be fairly easy tho. The data could be displayed in such a way that it provides a link to the long laundry list (parent list) of schematics. Or even better, let the user decide which crafts to display therefore cutting down on the long list. I.E. Display only the munitions list of schems if so chosen.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:23 pm

kostic wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

Good point.

Programmatically it would be fairly easy tho. The data could be displayed in such a way that it provides a link to the long laundry list (parent list) of schematics. Or even better, let the user decide which crafts to display therefore cutting down on the long list. I.E. Display only the munitions list of schems if so chosen.

At the moment I am just considering doing it like this:
Domestic Expertise IV
- Elegant Gemstone Necklace (10 units)
- Heavy Crystal Symbol (10 units)
- Ithorian Elegant Gemstone Necklace (10 units)
- Ithorian Heavy Crystal Symbol (10 units)
- Ithorian Silver Pendant (10 units)
- Silver Pendant (10 units)

Domestic Mastery IV
- Ithorian Stately Necklace (25 units)
- Stately Necklace (25 units)

Domestic Mastery V
- Immense Gemstone Necklace (60 units)
- Ithorian Immense Gemstone Necklace (60 units)
- Lekku Ys'rak (20 units)

Engineering Fundamentals VI
- Power Conditioner (2 units)

Munition Fundamentals VI
- Warhead Fusing Mechanism (6 units)

Munition Essentials III
- Chemical Warhead (15 units)
- Deflector Shield Generator - Energy Ray (5 units)
- Deflector Shield Generator - Particle (5 units)

Munition Expertise I
- Warhead Stabilizing Device (5 units)

Munition Expertise II
- Standard Battle Core (25 units)

Munition Expertise IV
- Kinetic Protection Armor Layer (10 units)

Munition Expertise VI
- Standard Assault Core (25 units)

Munition Mastery V
- Advanced Assault Core (35 units)
- Advanced Battle Core (35 units)

This resource type can be used as Gemstone in the following schematics:

Entertainer Expertise V
- Prop Mystical Ribbon (Left) (20 units)
- Prop Mystical Ribbon (Right) (20 units)

Entertainer Mastery I
- Prop Double Mystical Ribbon (Left) (20 units)
- Prop Double Mystical Ribbon (Right) (20 units)

Domestic Mastery II
- Element Process Filter (250 units)

Domestic Mastery V
- Element Processing System Fuse (500 units)

Engineering Fundamentals I
- Small Glass (10 units)

Engineering Fundamentals V
- Large Glass (100 units)

Engineering Essentials I
- Unit Delivery Cartridge (5 units)

Munition Fundamentals VI
- Basic Assault Core (25 units)
- Basic Battle Core (25 units)
- Basic Reconnaissance Core (25 units)
- Blaster-pistol Barrel (1 units)
- Weapon Scope (4 units)

Structure Essentials IV
- Gungan Head Statue (1,000 units)

Structure Mastery IV
- Enzyme Centrifuge (150 units)
Either that, or just putting a link right at the top of the page saying something like

This resource can also be used as a:
Gemstone
Mineral
Inorganinc

With links to their respective Resource Usage pages

kostic
Novice Crafter

Post by kostic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 pm

I think that is a good idea. It's simple yet works well! Thanks!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:55 pm

kostic wrote:I think that is a good idea. It's simple yet works well! Thanks!
Which one are you talking about? The first or the second one?

kostic
Novice Crafter

Post by kostic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm

Sobuno wrote:
kostic wrote:I think that is a good idea. It's simple yet works well! Thanks!
Which one are you talking about? The first or the second one?

Personally, I like the first one. But hey, lets get fancy and make the parent list collapsible therefore cleaning up the page so its not so long.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Sobuno wrote:
pookerbacca wrote:(e.g. filter all steel that has oq and sr that are at least 90% of cap for those two stats)
Do you mean at least 90% of steel's cap or the specific resource class' cap (Carbonite Steel has a SR cap of 965 for example)?
Filters should be available now, the percentage part will have to wait for a bit (Although it is working in some form, but you can't add it through the menu you guys have).