Features you're absolutely longing for?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Features you're absolutely longing for?

Post by Rommel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Onyx wrote:1. The ability to choose all schematics for a profession (i.e. All chef or all architect) instead of only all schematics or those tied to one learned skill level
Can this be modified so that you can select a profession, then select a letter?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Rommel wrote:
Onyx wrote:1. The ability to choose all schematics for a profession (i.e. All chef or all architect) instead of only all schematics or those tied to one learned skill level
Done, the same can also be done with Minimum Skill Required.

Also added a line of text telling you your current selection ("Current selection: Structure Essentials VI -> All" or "Current selection: Trader - Structures -> Z") to minimize confusion

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Rommel wrote:
Done, the same can also be done with Minimum Skill Required.

Also added a line of text telling you your current selection ("Current selection: Structure Essentials VI -> All" or "Current selection: Trader - Structures -> Z") to minimize confusion
CHEER!!!!

Saw that this morning -- had to come back here to make sure you'd added it and not that I'd missed it and made a silly post lol.

Thanks bunches :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Soooo very great :D

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 pm

milkiee wrote:to be able to see what a resource is used in.

I.E I harvest a really high stat res, I look for it on swgc and then it lists every schematic that my res is used in. Sorry of this already exists but it would be useful to find out whether or not its worth harvesting...

Milk
Isn't it this: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_usage.php?

V'Tal Fion
Early Adopter

Post by V'Tal Fion » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:36 pm

More of a long-run request, but now that pretty much all of the original swgcraft tools have been ported and updated over I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more tools introduced. Mainly I've found myself hoping for two that swgct utilizes, the harvester installation manager (but with elites added to it) and some sort of stock inventory tool. The first is just a really handy tool which belongs here and I'm sure would see use, and the second has quite a bit of room for further development opportunities.

Perhaps you could talk to Xato and see if he's willing to share the code as a stepping stone to update? Seems only fair, considering swgct like many other sites uses swgcraft's bandwidth for resource data. And those tools I'm sure would see more use here than there.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 pm

V'Tal Fion wrote:More of a long-run request, but now that pretty much all of the original swgcraft tools have been ported and updated over I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more tools introduced. Mainly I've found myself hoping for two that swgct utilizes, the harvester installation manager (but with elites added to it) and some sort of stock inventory tool. The first is just a really handy tool which belongs here and I'm sure would see use, and the second has quite a bit of room for further development opportunities.

Perhaps you could talk to Xato and see if he's willing to share the code as a stepping stone to update? Seems only fair, considering swgct like many other sites uses swgcraft's bandwidth for resource data. And those tools I'm sure would see more use here than there.
Have you had a look at SWGAide yet? In my signature. Is there any feature you want added to it?

If you are into coding it is open source and found at SourceForge, project swgaide, written in Java, interested?

/Zimoon

V'Tal Fion
Early Adopter

Post by V'Tal Fion » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 am

Of course I have, Z. I've kept up on most tools since the early days of the game. And you've been doing an excellent job with it. I'm sure I have some suggestions for you on that front, but personally I would still like to see these two tools I mentioned above be integrated into the site. Primarily because it lets one access them from where they might be, and there are uses for both of those when you're not at your home computer. For example... being able to check up on your harvester progress to see if the hopper is about to get full, or to check and see if you have any of that resource some guy might be offering 1k cpu for on the trade forums, all while you're at work browsing.

While they're already available on swgct, having them here would not only make a lot more sense and make them more available to crafters (since some might not even know about swgct but definitely know swgcraft), but would also let the tools improve based on feedback directly from the crafting community here.

As for coding, while I've often dabbled by desire or necessity, it's never been my forté. I leave that to all you left-brained people out there. Now if you need a hand with it's UI design and so forth, I'll be happy to help. :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:34 pm

Rommel wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:I would like:
1) To be able to search or sort resources by a date range.
Add to this being able to sort the resource search results by date. I know a bunch of resources don't have a date listed, for these I hope the database has a date stamp as to when it was added to the database.
You should now be able to sort results on the "Find Resources" page by availability by clicking the "AV" header. It first sorts by current availability, then by date added (Meaning that current resources will always be at the top/the bottom)

Lespin
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Lespin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up, and I cant find anything like it on the site currently:

What about something on the Find Resources page that would allow you to create a "subscription" of sorts to email you when a new resource on your server(s) that fits your criteria, you would get sent an email saying: "Hey! a resource you are interested in just poped on on SWGCRAFT.CO.UK!, go harvest it! Here is a link for more information: <htttplinkhere>". Maybe limit it to 10 "subscriptsions" to individual types of resources or whatever you feel is appropiate? Or maybe create a new "find resource" type page to allow us to select (with checkmark buttons) which resources (down to the 2nd level in the tree) we want in 1 "subscription". There is already the option for an email when resources are makred unavailable.

As an example, I do not have access to my guild's forum while at work, which is usually where i get notices about nice resources poping up. So the days I do not power up my computer at home, I am in the dark, and I come to this site maybe once a week. Getting a quick email about a important resource would be great!
Lespin, Rebel Pilot, Vanguard Fleet, Rebel Squadrons, Starsider & TCPrime
Becki, Shipwright, Vendor: ????? ?????, Rebel Outpost, Rori, Starsider
Shipwright FAQ | Y-8 Guide

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:07 pm

While it would be cool to have it the site, it is also a feature built into SWGAide. Not that it sends out emails but it alerts you when your guards are met :)

/Zimoon

Lespin
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Lespin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm

That looks good, but I dont think my employeer would want me installing SWG or SWGAide on their computer.
Lespin, Rebel Pilot, Vanguard Fleet, Rebel Squadrons, Starsider & TCPrime
Becki, Shipwright, Vendor: ????? ?????, Rebel Outpost, Rori, Starsider
Shipwright FAQ | Y-8 Guide

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:46 pm

Lespin wrote:That looks good, but I dont think my employeer would want me installing SWG or SWGAide on their computer.
Not??? Are you not allowed to play SWG at work :shock:

J/k :)