Advanced Schematics

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Advanced Schematics

Post by xhara » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Hey there!

I hope you guys are having an enjoyable day so far. I noticed there are advanced versions of sub/components that are not linked with at least some of the schematics they can be used in. That was a loaded sentence, I know lol... so I'll show ya:

Take a look at the Advanced Biological Effect Controller schematic (http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=6277). If you scroll down to the bottom, only the BE schematics are listed when this component can also be used in the buffpack schematics (at least the D's). The same is true for the Advanced Blaster Rifle Barrel schematic (http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=6582) which has no schematics linked with it, even though it can be used in lieu of (all?) the regular "Blaster Rifle Barrel"s.

Is this something that can be remedied? If so, please let me know if there's something I can do to help.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Advanced Schematics

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:44 pm

What you say has been known, by me, for as long as I have been playing the Emu.

The original schematics info project was during the NGE. Doc schematics and WS schematics did not make it to the NGE.

The pre-CU schematics we have were downloaded from the Emu. The Emu made the decisions to treat the "advanced" versions this way.

More than a year ago I made an attempt to edit one of the Emu schematics (I would have to search to find it now). I found some "bugs" in our schematic editing tools. Sobuno did some bug-squashing and, as I recall, I did get the schematic changed. It ended up being a lot of work to make a very minor adjustment.

Zimoon headed the schematic project and left excellent notes on the process. http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =18&t=2153 If you would like to become a "Schematic Maintainer" we could give you those tools that would let you make the changes. Or with a bit more prodding, Sobuno or I might do it :wink:

Edit: just reading Zmoon's post I link to, it looks like Z did some thinking on this very issue and came up with ways for SWGCraft to list advanced as well as non-advanced linked schematics in ways the Emu did not bother to. So it looks like, Yes, something can be done. Z gets really technical, so I will have to read it a few more times before I digest it :lol:

xhara
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Advanced Schematics

Post by xhara » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:41 am

If it's something I can help with, I will give it my best shot.

Edit: Just so you know, I did read the guide (2x lol). It seems like it would fall under a category issue but I could be wrong.