Discussion from "Missing Schematics"

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Missing schematics

Post by Savacc » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:Factional? I really don't know if that is a legal English word or if it just made up, but I have seen it many times at the official SOE/SWG forums so ...

I guess we need Savacc here, he is great at linguistics.

:D

/Zimoon
Yes "Factional" is a legitimate word in English. It is the adjective form of the noun "Faction". To say, "Factional Furniture" is proper Engish.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:45 pm

I bought a decorative campfire schematic at the bazaar, was able to use it (though for some reason I didn't automatically get the schematic..I am a structures trader), but then it told me it was a one time only thing. Why is that? Should I have thrown it into the factory instead? And where did this thing come from anyway? I can't seem to find it on the lists of schematics Allakhazam or swgcraft.com.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:26 am

wrackspurt wrote:I bought a decorative campfire schematic at the bazaar, was able to use it (though for some reason I didn't automatically get the schematic..I am a structures trader), but then it told me it was a one time only thing. Why is that? Should I have thrown it into the factory instead? And where did this thing come from anyway? I can't seem to find it on the lists of schematics Allakhazam or swgcraft.com.
These types of schematic, those bought at the Bazaar, are looted schematics and the lot of them are on-time only and you cannot do a manufacture schematic of them, just the one item. Only a few such schematics are multi-uses or permanent, such as Mandalorian Wine for Domestics Traders.

Some of the items are just awesome, depending on your point of view of course, while others are less ... awesome. Some are found plentiful while others, such as the Camp Fire, are found every day. Prices for the ready made items for sale vary with the galaxy so check the Vendor Location at the Bazaar terminal to know what the schematic as such is worth, some n00b sellers ask 20k for everything but the ready made item may not be worth more than 10k :(

Structure Traders actually have quite a few great looted schematics, the camp fire, the park bench, the blue sofa, the curved glass cafe table, the glass top terminal, the professors desk, and more.

Allakhazam is most often out-dated all the way back since NGE. I used it a lot up to NGE but now I only browse it for reference, sad but true.

BTW I started a thread in the General Crafting forum for these looted schematic and other pieces as there are no entries for them in the database. You, and anybody else, are welcomed to post data for them in that thread and I or any mod will update the appropriate section.

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks for that. I had no idea there were random schematics floating around. In all the looting I've ever done, I've never come across one. Any idea what types of creatures drop these things or where these things can be had?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Mid to high-level NPCs, don't know of creatures, unless they might have eaten a careless adventurer ;)

And feel free to append to the list of random schematics in the General Crafting board.

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Jokes on me. I built a slave brazier, and guess what, no fire!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Jokes on me. I built a slave brazier, and guess what, no fire!
That one is quite lame, yes, should rather be called Cold Small Iron Stove, or Cold Heater. ;)

You can try, though, to use a torch and lower it so it is inside the brazier.

Welcome around by the way :D

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:18 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Any idea what types of creatures drop these things or where these things can be had?
I'm working on a possible list, when I have enough data for it to be useful I'll get it posted :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Glad you guys set up this forum. Being a trader is amazingly complicated for an MMO.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Glad you guys set up this forum. Being a trader is amazingly complicated for an MMO.
That is exactly why I love it, you learn every day and there are small mini games in the game, such as hunting down the best resources, being able to add your personal touch, and much much more :D

You nailed it, I love complexity :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

radish
Novice Crafter

Post by radish » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 pm

please see the list on the bm forum for the missing scematics for bm i tried to list all the requirments asked for
compleate crafting needs as well as mining contracts
no order to big or to small can pull up to 2 mill units per day on most reasources.
contact radish on farstar for any of your needs
vendors just outside theed at -5308 3420

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Zimoon wrote:That is exactly why I love it, you learn every day and there are small mini games in the game, such as hunting down the best resources, being able to add your personal touch, and much much more :D

/Zimoon
You know, I tell my friends who do WOW about the various processes involved for crafting advanced devices, bioengineering, ships... really just the basics, and they give me funny looks or shake their heads and go back to talking about WOW. And they are Star Wars fans.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 am

wrackspurt wrote:
Zimoon wrote:That is exactly why I love it, you learn every day and there are small mini games in the game, such as hunting down the best resources, being able to add your personal touch, and much much more :D

You know, I tell my friends who do WOW about the various processes involved for crafting advanced devices, bioengineering, ships... really just the basics, and they give me funny looks or shake their heads and go back to talking about WOW. And they are Star Wars fans.
Now you now why my funny tone when I say "combateers" 8)

/Zimoon