Discussion from "Missing Schematics"

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rain
Novice Crafter

Discussion from "Missing Schematics"

Post by Rain » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 pm

This was moved from the "Missing Schematics" topic to help that topic stay focused -Sobuno

What name is the gaming table schematic under that is made by Smugglers?
Last edited by Sobuno on Sat May 03, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reason for this topic

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:24 pm

Rain wrote:What name is the gaming table schematic under that is made by Smugglers?
It is named Gaming Table but it is not present in the database yet, not what I can find. I also checked the old pre-NGE schematics XML and it was not there either. Possibly because it was a looted schematic.

If you enter the resource needs here we can add it to the database. I have a memory of plain resources such as Metal and Wood, at least it is not anything fancy that seldom spawns.

/Z

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Looks good! Now, I just have to get a friend to take a pic of all the elite harvester data, so I can paste that up on here too!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have the plus and minus things in schematics as well, so that sub-items can be folded up? On big items (like the battle droid) it can be quite cluttered, but by folding up sub items it because much more clear.

If I was going off this schematic to make it, I would probably fold up any subitems that I already have, leaving the stuff I still need to make. (Not to mention, having a way within the site to keep an inventory... Like if I make 1000 control units, keep an inventory of that. And keep an inventory of resources... And then have the ability to click on "Manufacture x (dropdown) items", and it would take the resources and subitems from my stock, always keeping me informed on what I have left)

In addition, I think it would make it more readable if there was a blank line between each top level number, like 1, 2, 3 etc.

One more great feature, would be the ability to check off subitems that I've already made, to see how many items are left to create, and how many resources the remaining items will take up.

I know, I don't ask for much :P

J!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Jhaerel wrote:Looks good! Now, I just have to get a friend to take a pic of all the elite harvester data, so I can paste that up on here too!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have the plus and minus things in schematics as well, so that sub-items can be folded up? On big items (like the battle droid) it can be quite cluttered, but by folding up sub items it because much more clear.

Should be possible and not that hard to make

If I was going off this schematic to make it, I would probably fold up any subitems that I already have, leaving the stuff I still need to make. (Not to mention, having a way within the site to keep an inventory... Like if I make 1000 control units, keep an inventory of that. And keep an inventory of resources... And then have the ability to click on "Manufacture x (dropdown) items", and it would take the resources and subitems from my stock, always keeping me informed on what I have left)

Not something I'd make at the current time, we really need to focus on the basic elements to finish them off

In addition, I think it would make it more readable if there was a blank line between each top level number, like 1, 2, 3 etc.

I don't get it?

One more great feature, would be the ability to check off subitems that I've already made, to see how many items are left to create, and how many resources the remaining items will take up.

Sounds like too much work at the current time too :P

I know, I don't ask for much :P

J!
Red colors are beautiful!

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Jhaerel wrote:In addition, I think it would make it more readable if there was a blank line between each top level number, like 1, 2, 3 etc.

I don't get it?
Maybe it's just me, but the schematics seem really cluttered... I find myself getting lost as I read down through them. A physical horizontal white space between separate top level items would make it easier visually to keep them separate in my mind...

J

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Jhaerel wrote:
Sobuno wrote:
Jhaerel wrote:In addition, I think it would make it more readable if there was a blank line between each top level number, like 1, 2, 3 etc.

I don't get it?
Maybe it's just me, but the schematics seem really cluttered... I find myself getting lost as I read down through them. A physical horizontal white space between separate top level items would make it easier visually to keep them separate in my mind...
And other users, like me, do not want to scroll to much but have the info kind of dense. At least the numbers (1, 2, 3,...) stand out to the left. The old SWGCraft have then nicely (in my opinion :) ) compacted and without the resource needs for the sub components. Yes, having those fold/unfold would be awesome. Probably that is the reason you feel they need a blank line in between each number.

I believe there have been "3rd party" applications (or rather spread sheets) for taking stock notes, but most have been rather clumsy and not lived for long. Personally I use pen and paper. This is the only game I have a notebook to be able to play, at least to play the crafter and I looove it :D

/Z

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Zimoon wrote:Yes, having those fold/unfold would be awesome. Probably that is the reason you feel they need a blank line in between each number.

/Z
Yeah, I think having the fold/unfold would pretty much solve the problem.

I've recently started using SWG Resource Tracker (http://gramsplace.com/srt/) and I must say, I think I really like it. It's a little more complicated than MyRes, but it takes the resource caps into account when shading in the resource stats. It has schematics in it, but unfortunately you can't edit/add schematics easily, nor can you search for resources needed for a specific schematic. Still, seems a little more robust than MyRes. Have you tried that one Z?

I'm looking forward to the day when SWGAide has all that stuff right in it... I like the interface of your program a LOT.

The sales information is very nice, just like the old merchant's friend, well done!

I've also been playing with SWGCU, that program for updating resources using ISD's, and again, I'm impressed. There's so many apps out there that work well, but due to CU/NGE are no longer being actively developed.

(Sorry, just rambling today... work, you know how it is :P)

J

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 pm

Jhaerel wrote:
Sobuno wrote:

I don't get it?

J
Aye, I get lost in them too.... Just didn't understand your request, that's all :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:34 pm

Getting them to hide/show by the press of a little button is easy enough, it's the AJAX that annoys me

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Missing schematics

Post by Rommel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:08 am

What is the precise name of the schematic? AV-21 Landspeeder
What box is it granted at? Engineering Fundamentals VI
What complexity level does it have? Unknown, I will update when I know
How much XP does it grant (If unknown, just say unknown)? unknown
What resources does it require?
1125 Non-Ferrous Metal
3125 Ferrous Metal
What components does it require? 1 AV-21 Power Plant
Experimental Properties:
Experimental Durability:
Armor Health Encumbrance
Shock Resistance:100%

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8404/av21qc7.jpg

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:18 am

Rommel wrote:What is the precise name of the schematic? AV-21 Landspeeder
What box is it granted at? Engineering Fundamentals VI
What complexity level does it have? Unknown, I will update when I know
How much XP does it grant (If unknown, just say unknown)? unknown
What resources does it require?
1125 Non-Ferrous Metal
3125 Ferrous Metal
What components does it require? 1 AV-21 Power Plant
Experimental Properties:
Experimental Durability:
Armor Health Encumbrance
Shock Resistance:100%
Isn't the AV-21 a quest reward from the Corvette which also calls for looted components from up there? Then it would be wrong to say is is granted at a certain level. Probably that level is required but the schematic doesn't come from reaching that level. Unless SOE has moved around the schematics :?:

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:22 am

That said, I would like to see a certain category of schematics that are factional/looted/rewards.

In the XML project which I once played with, and which I must revitalize prior to the next major steps on SWGAide, there was an attribute for marking such schematics. I guess we just need to settle on the semantics for it.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 am

I could introduce a type field for schematics, which would contain a few different types: Granted/Looted/Rewarded/Faction-gained (Factional? :shock: )

The level would then be the earliest level you could learn the schematic at

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 am

Sobuno wrote:I could introduce a type field for schematics, which would contain a few different types: Granted/Looted/Rewarded/Faction-gained (Factional? :shock: )

The level would then be the earliest level you could learn the schematic at
Sounds great. I believe there is no need to really distinguish type of "irregularity" but I added it the to that XML I was talking about once, it was an optional field.

Regular schematics do not need a special tag in the attribute.

All other types of schematics could have a tag there. String? And a few "legal" values such as "loot", "reward", "collection", "cube", "imp", "rebel", etc., which can easily be added to. Good to have if the web allows for sorting or filtering on them.

Level sounds great.

Important to have an attribute for one, few, free-uses and if manufacture schematics are allowed from them.

Factional? I really don't know if that is a legal English word or if it just made up, but I have seen it many times at the official SOE/SWG forums so ...

I guess we need Savacc here, he is great at linguistics.

:D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:25 am

For this site's completeness I am gathering information for all those small thingies in game that really are not crafted but yet put together. For example the loot kit stuff, Picture Printers, and alike. I guess they won't fit at the main page, but I don't know which forum board would be the best, anyone?

/Z