NGE Schematics Data

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:23 am

acar - Carbonaceous Asteroid
acid - Acidic Asteroid
acry - Crystal Asteroid
acyn - Cyanomethanic Asteroid
admn - Diamond Asteroid
airn - Iron Asteroid
amet - Methane Asteroid
aobi - Obsidian Asteroid
aorm - Organometallic Asteroid
apet - Petrochemical Asteroid
asil - Silicaceous Asteroid
asul - Sulfuric Asteroid
baamo - Bal'ta'ran Crystal Amorphous Gemstone
cofib - Corellia Fiberplast
gacry - Gallinorian Rainbow Gem Crystalline Gemstone
kpf - Known Liquid Petrochem Fuel
ksp - Known Solid Petrochem Fuel
lacry - Laboi Mineral Crystal Crystalline Gemstone
pet - Liquid Petrochem Fuel
spc - Solid Petrochem Fuel

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:31 am

BTW, the Schematics Pages are looking great! Perhaps for the Manufacturing Schematic issue, add a "Schematic Shopping List"
with resource totals just for schematics. Gets a bit tricky with the
recursive components but I'm sure you could figure it out.

For example. a deed for a large house might use 10 wall units, a wall unit uses 10 structural modules. So below the shopping list, perhaps Wall Unit schematic, and all resources need to make that wall unit, below that the structural module, etc...

Just throwing out ideas.

Oh, and what about Optional and multi-item slots?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:27 am

wzydhek wrote:Oh, and what about Optional and multi-item slots?
Was thinking about making some kind of AJAX-based solution to this, and for those who haven't got JavaScript enabled just show them the current layout of the page (Where categories have links instead to a showcategory.php page that then shows what components are available).... I ain't the best at JavaScript though, but I'll give it a try

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:07 pm

will there be a reverse lookup? where i can click on a resource, and see everything its used for?

example: Rori bones, what schematics require them?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:17 pm

Rackle wrote:will there be a reverse lookup? where i can click on a resource, and see everything its used for?

Our database structure certainly allows that :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:47 pm

Sobuno wrote:
wzydhek wrote:Oh, and what about Optional and multi-item slots?
Was thinking about making some kind of AJAX-based solution to this, and for those who haven't got JavaScript enabled just show them the current layout of the page (Where categories have links instead to a showcategory.php page that then shows what components are available).... I ain't the best at JavaScript though, but I'll give it a try
And the first edition of the AJAX-based Optional selecting is available: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1114

It does have a bug though, but I need sleep now:

If you deselect an optional component and then de-select the "parent" of that category (The category that the component is a subcomponent of), the shopping list and Resources Needed will be incorrect. I'll take a look at this tomorrow, but no promises

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:15 pm

It's looking great! I'll see what I can do to get some multi-component slot data to you. IE: Combat Capable Socket Cluster. Each slot of that can have variety of components used in it.

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:27 pm

I noticed one thing. The drilldown into subcomponents doesn't go deep enough. The Shuttleport Deeds show the Protocol ADV Droid Chassis and it's components, but the subcomponents of it, such as the components used to make the Advanced Droid Brain, only the resources for the Advanced Droid Brain are included.

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1049

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:33 pm

wzydhek wrote:I noticed one thing. The drilldown into subcomponents doesn't go deep enough. The Shuttleport Deeds show the Protocol ADV Droid Chassis and it's components, but the subcomponents of it, such as the components used to make the Advanced Droid Brain, only the resources for the Advanced Droid Brain are included.

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1049
Will get doing that tomorrow, haven't had any time to look at any coding today (But noticed a problem with the AJAX that I have to solve in some creative way)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:56 pm

The schematics page should go deep enough for (hopefully) all schematics now... Changed much of the coding of the page but the functionality should remain the same

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue May 01, 2007 2:11 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Rackle wrote:will there be a reverse lookup? where i can click on a resource, and see everything its used for?

Our database structure certainly allows that :)
And done! (Or at least the button "Resource Usage" works. Haven't done the thing where you can click on a resource yet)

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_usage.php

It is, as all other things, still a work in progress

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Rackle » Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Great!

Does anyone have a list of the non-profession granted schematics? The kind you loot? Like Droid Head, Droid Body, Tanned Hide, Weapons Rack, Mando Armor, Jetpack, Technical console, Radar screen, etc, etc.

wzydhek
Apprentice Crafter

Post by wzydhek » Tue May 01, 2007 6:01 pm

I am building that info now to supply to swgcraft.co.uk

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Wed May 02, 2007 3:35 am

Fantastic input guys, you lot are brilliant :)

Keep up the good work.

Just to let you know, im working on the beatufication of some of the pages that Sobuno has been working on, and will have alot more to show by the end of next week, so i will keep you all posted.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Slyvampy wrote:Just to let you know, im working on the beatufication of some of the pages that Sobuno has been working on, and will have alot more to show by the end of next week, so i will keep you all posted.
Are my pages really that ugly? :P

Nah, I know my pages might not be good-looking, I am an awful designer, I only like the code-behind.

Reason for this post:

Temporary fixed the aforementioned bug in the ajax on viewschematic.php (Might seem like a small bug, it didn't take long for it to work in Firefox, but spent at least 3 hours getting it to work in IE)

Tested on:
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3
Internet Explorer 7.0.600016386
Opera 9.20.8771

Next thing I am going to do about this page (When I get back from Poland) is to do so you can't deselect/select categories while another is being loaded