Non-standard schematics

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Non-standard schematics

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi,
I just wonder if we should consider adding the non-standard schematics to some list as we find them?

Non-standard are: looted, rewards, from collections, Chu-Gon Dar Cube, faction, etc.

Could be cool to have them for completeness along with a very brief description on how to obtain them.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:27 pm

Are these schematics restricted to a specific Artisan profession (Or class or whatever SOE names them these days)?

dcwzero
Novice Crafter

Post by dcwzero » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 pm

yes some schematics can only be crafted by a certain trader proffesion (including smuggler).

And that feature would rock. At least would help me sorta the gazillion of schems i have rofl.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:28 pm

Sobuno wrote:Are these schematics restricted to a specific Artisan profession (Or class or whatever SOE names them these days)?
Yes, if it is a schematic for crafting purposes they have profession requirements. Some that basic that almost any Trader has them, others more specific.

Besides Traders, Entertainers, Jedi, and Smugglers have schematics, both standard schematics that come with their profession progression and some have non-standards.

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Non-standard schematics

Post by Rommel » Thu May 01, 2008 9:35 am

*NECRO ALERT*

So how are things going...

I think it's time and the way I see it there are a couple options...
  • A schematic section called something like Non-Standard Schematics
  • Schematics added like normal but some kind of icon or something to denote they are non standard
Maybe add [Loot], [Reward], [Collection], [Cube] to the end of those types...something anything to get these added is fine with me.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 02, 2008 9:38 pm

I started Non-regular Odds and Ends not long ago. It has grown, but I believe there are still holes and omissions. If that thread can be useful I don't know, probably we need more details, right??

I guess more people would add if they knew it ended up in the "real" list schematics, don't you think.

Do not hesitate to use your "moderator's whip" to edit the thread into a useful looks. Or start a new one to gather more data in a useful format, possibly with a template.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 03, 2008 4:30 pm

Right, thinking up a data structure now for this. Anything involving schematics is a bit more complicated than the parts only involving resources

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Sobuno wrote:Right, thinking up a data structure now for this. Anything involving schematics is a bit more complicated than the parts only involving resources
I guess you can reuse most of the common schematics. There is no big difference actually, possibly just an extra tag/field stating its origin [regular|plain_looted|reward|faction_imp|faction_rebel], are there more fellow crafters???

If they have a profession requirement it is possible to use the same level as is.

We need to come up with acronyms for them.

Extra information, such as which MOB it is rewarded from, drops off of, etc., can be mentioned in the comments field I guess, there is one, right?

Cheers

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Heh, you're choosing the easy way for me, was considering implementing the Drops off/Rewarded by/etc.., but that does require me to actually think

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Sobuno wrote:Heh, you're choosing the easy way for me, was considering implementing the Drops off/Rewarded by/etc.., but that does require me to actually think
Remember that some schematics drop off of so many different things, etc. Why not use the easy way and use the comments field? :P

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat May 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Heh, you're choosing the easy way for me, was considering implementing the Drops off/Rewarded by/etc.., but that does require me to actually think
Remember that some schematics drop off of so many different things, etc. Why not use the easy way and use the comments field? :P

/Zimoon

Well, the easy way does not allow one to see the loot that X might drop. We are a crafting site though, so I don't know if that info would be relevant anyway

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

/Zimoon

Well, the easy way does not allow one to see the loot that X might drop. We are a crafting site though, so I don't know if that info would be relevant anyway
I don't think it is uber important, would probably be best to let people say in the comments if they are active. People come here to see what items take and what is the best stuff to use and such.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon May 05, 2008 7:51 pm

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/viewschem ... schem=1481

Current types:

Regular
Looted
Reward
Factional: Imperial
Factional: Rebel

Moderators should be able to change type (Aswell as the "Manufactured" field)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 pm

Really cool, love it :D

I will use it over time, whenever I find anything non-present.

/Zimoon