schematics.xml

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wjenet
Novice Crafter

schematics.xml

Post by wjenet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm looking through schematics.xml, and am seeing child elements of <schematic> like

Code: Select all

<level profession="20" level="5000" />
I'm trying to map "profession" to a profession name string, and "level" to a skillbox title string. It's not like there's a thousand of either of these so I was just going to find one of each and build a table manually.

I'm assuming that the profession number can be found via the parent schematic name attribute value and knowing which profession makes what items. If that's not accurate, please help me understand.

I'm puzzled the "level" attribute. I started mapping these to skill boxes, but then ran across both "Chitin Armor Segment" (Personal Armor 1) and "Kinetic Protection Armor Layer" (Layers 1) both having profession=20 and level=6000.

The schematics listing pages here give the expected results, so I'm evidently misinterpreting what I'm reading.

Any clues to offer?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: schematics.xml

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm

The schematics page on the site uses an internal ID to handle stuff, so it does not rely on these XML files.

I see the problem however, since the XML files were designed for NGE where everything has a level. As far as I can wrap my head around it, there is no way to uniquely identify what skill we're talking about at the moment, which is clearly an error, so the file needs some redesign.

wjenet
Novice Crafter

Post by wjenet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I had assumed too much.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:27 pm

The combination of profession id and level should hopefully now be unique (I just added their internal ID to the level value)

The files will need to generate first though, which should happen in a few hours if I remember correctly.

wjenet
Novice Crafter

Post by wjenet » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:07 am

Sobuno wrote:... (I just added their internal ID to the level value) ...
Wonderful! Thank you. I'll grab a fresh copy in a bit. It's very helpful that there's an update stamp in the root.

I realize that it's asking a lot, but is there a downloadable mapping between your internal id and profession skillbox names somewhere? Or your profession ID and a name string? I've cobbled together my own versions of these, but now I'm thinking it'd make more sense to incorporate yours if they're public. Plan B would be a translation table between your linkages and those I've concocted. There's not a gazillion of either, so Plan B's not too hideous.

The light bulb just went on that if you're also maintaining NGE-isms this may not be as tidy as I'd originally pictured. I'm focused on SWGEMU for the foreseeable future.

Next question:

<schematic name="Armor Upgrade Kit" id="5438" category="0">
Is the "id=5438" suitable for a unique key field in a table? I assume yes, but thought I should ask.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:20 pm

wjenet wrote:
Sobuno wrote:... (I just added their internal ID to the level value) ...
Wonderful! Thank you. I'll grab a fresh copy in a bit. It's very helpful that there's an update stamp in the root.

I realize that it's asking a lot, but is there a downloadable mapping between your internal id and profession skillbox names somewhere? Or your profession ID and a name string? I've cobbled together my own versions of these, but now I'm thinking it'd make more sense to incorporate yours if they're public. Plan B would be a translation table between your linkages and those I've concocted. There's not a gazillion of either, so Plan B's not too hideous.
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/sendfile.ph ... secret.xml

Don't ask me about the name, it was added a few years back. It is also not auto-updated since the things do not change that often.
wjenet wrote:
The light bulb just went on that if you're also maintaining NGE-isms this may not be as tidy as I'd originally pictured. I'm focused on SWGEMU for the foreseeable future.
All NGE-stuff has been moved to seperate tables and all generated files only generate pre-CU data until a feasible NGE emulator has been made, at which point I'll have to recode some stuff anyway.
wjenet wrote: Next question:

<schematic name="Armor Upgrade Kit" id="5438" category="0">
Is the "id=5438" suitable for a unique key field in a table? I assume yes, but thought I should ask.
It is unique in relation to the pre-CU version of the site, yes (http://swgcraft.org/dev/viewschematic.php?schem=5438 is the link to the schematic). Another schematic with the same ID may exist in the NGE version (Yes, it's a mess)

wjenet
Novice Crafter

Post by wjenet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am

Wow, it's like Christmas in here! *sips eggnog*

Thanks a bunch!