Are we using the wrong complexity?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Are we using the wrong complexity?

Post by maninspace » Tue May 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi,
while using the "my factories" feature of this site, i have seen many times, that this site told me, that my factories are ready, when in fact, it was still running.
As an example, I was told about 4 hours ago, that my Ahirsa production is ready - when I look at my factory right now, it just has 666 items done.

Now I did some more crafting, and discovered, that there are 2 different complexities shown in the progress.
Example: Pyollian Cake is shown as complexitiy 8 in the crafting tool (as here in the schematics) - but when it comes to the experimentation step, it shows a complexity of 11!

Is this always this way, or does it depend on something (like how many exp points you spend)?

Greetings
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Are we using the wrong complexity?

Post by Sobuno » Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 pm

Your final complexity depends on the number of experimental rolls you use, as seen in Zimoon's guide: http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 1651#p1651 (Bottom of post)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 05, 2009 8:51 pm

The fact that each dice roll adds another point to the final complexity is also the basis for the three different approaches on experimenting (or more?):
  1. One box at a time (the conservative way) which has the least risk for a major failure but also the worst manufacture time. Good when you cannot afford a failure and crafting time is not important.
  2. A few boxes at a time, perhaps 3 or 4. Decent chance for an amazing in one or more of the dice rolls and moderate risk for a failure. Good when you can afford a loss but want at least one amazing and moderate manufacture time.
  3. As many boxes possible a dice roll. Highest failure risk. Awesome if you happens to get an amazing since it yields the best payback possible. Can take many tries to get the best outcome but also has the shortest possible manufacture time.
Remember that whatever the result it is multiplied with the number of boxes used in that dice roll, that is why 3) yields the best ever payback if you get an amazing: 8.05 times nbr-of-boxes :)

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue May 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks for your explaination folks!
I know, why I like this site :)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 am

I have never used the "my factories" feature, so Im not sure how it is set up, or how it applies the complexity of the schematic.

My initial thought was that the servers were down this morning. Factories, Harvesters, Resource Spawns all run on server time, not actual time. Not being privy to each Galaxie's "server time", SWGCraft has to run on actual time. So, "my factories" could be telling you a factory run should be done, when in fact the server was down part of that time.