Category for weapons

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Category for weapons

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 pm

I found an anomaly regarding categories for weapons, now we have had a long discussion in game, the top-notch WS in our guild agree that some components should be re-done to for example "Ranged Weapon Stock Component", etc.

Malane went into editing mode and changed the category for "Advanced Weapon Scope" and maybe one or two more. The effect is that several "old" schematics that refer to the older "Weapon Scope" category now refers to void.

The same will be, or is, true for .... Stock, and for Melee ... ...

I believe it is easier for you to run a SQL script changing the category for dozens of schematics that doing it manually. And then crap the older categories completely.

What do you say?

/Zimoon

PS: Remember I am no WS so ... 8)

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Category for weapons

Post by Sobuno » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:03 pm

Does this "Weapon Scope" category not exist when looking at the schematics in-game?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Category for weapons

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Sobuno wrote:Does this "Weapon Scope" category not exist when looking at the schematics in-game?
It probably does, at some old schematics not updated since GU 5 or so. The thing is that it would refer to the very same components, which use the new category. Can a component have multiple categories? Now we are back to that discussion :P

I could wait to hear a real WS answer though :D

/Zimoon