Schematics and "XP Gained" fields (Along with saying hi!)

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

HeavyD
Novice Crafter

Schematics and "XP Gained" fields (Along with saying hi!)

Post by HeavyD » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Hello fellow crafters. In the last month I got started into playing Galaxies when a friend of mine got me interested in MMOs and have been having fun since then. I started out with a medic char and have had much fun with him on the ground and especially in space.

Over the past week I've started up another char which I set to be a structures trader. The prospect of making my own ships/components was too good for me to resist not doing it. After some reading of some good guides and stumbling upon this site, I have had a bunch of fun with this new profession as well.

So, now that I've introduced myself, time to get to what I have on my mind. When going through the schematics section of the Pub. Dev. Site, I found the resource and other information just awesome, however I noticed that the EXP Gained fields were rather blank for the vast majority of entries, and no way to add this information in. Information like this would help for some quick level ups here and there for newer chars and even upper level chars (although I have found various grinds on the forums).

I was wondering if I could help with adding in the EXP Gain information as I progress and learn the Trader Profession. Currently, I've added this info into the comments section on a few schematics already, but it would probably be easier on most if this information could be entered in directly. Is this something that is in the works or is it being dev-run only to try and keep errors to a minimum?
HeavyD

Rebel Squadrons - Profile

Wrrlichewin - Wookie Medic (Starsider)
Ackodo Oosa - MonCal Structures Trader (Starsider)

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Schematics and "XP Gained" fields (Along with saying hi!)

Post by Sobuno » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Dev-run only (Well, moderator and admins that is), and I've added the comments I saw a few hours ago

HeavyD
Novice Crafter

Post by HeavyD » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Fair enough. Is this system of adding the info to the comments good enough or would you like me to make a forum post at the end of a day for those schematics that I've posted on?
HeavyD

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:06 pm

HeavyD wrote:Fair enough. Is this system of adding the info to the comments good enough or would you like me to make a forum post at the end of a day for those schematics that I've posted on?
It's fine, moderators have a list of all comments

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Just remember that the XP should be from non-buffed, no practice mode, that is, the base number. Otherwise other players may get confused and it is better to keep it plain and simple :)

Your work is highly appreciated, believe me.

/Zimoon

HeavyD
Novice Crafter

Post by HeavyD » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:25 am

Aye, of course. So far in the few comments that I've added I've mentioned the conditions which I gained the exp (which so far is no buff anyway). These sites tend to take their level of detail very seriously and I respect that desire very much so.

And I am glad to be a help!
HeavyD

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:21 am

Thanks, and I notice I forgot to say welcome, so better late than never

Welcome!! :D

/Zimoon