Jedi schematics

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the schematics.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Jedi schematics

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:59 am

No Jedi schematics show up you select Jedi at the new filters at the Schematics page, it is probably filed under Force Sensitive.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Jedi schematics

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 pm

The Schematics listing defaults to A. Press All and you should see this: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/schematic ... l&&p=5&le=

(And the profession select box is generated automatically by a query against the database for professions with schematics associated so it shouldn't be missing any professions with schematics :P)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

I meant: if you select "Jedi" in the new awesome drop down list of filters, the one named "Profession", then the list of schematics is empty.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Zimoon wrote:I meant: if you select "Jedi" in the new awesome drop down list of filters, the one named "Profession", then the list of schematics is empty.

/Zimoon
And the current selection isn't showing this: "
Current selection: Jedi -> A" instead of "
Current selection: Jedi -> All"?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Aha, now I understand, I also have to press "All".

I would say an empty list after having selected a profession is not really intuitive.

I would suggest that Jedi automatically had the option "All" since the result is only a hand full anyway.

All the others are now verified to have a number of schematics for "A" so they are less of a problem. A user instantly sees that only "A" is listed.

I am sorry I was a n00b to begin with, less so after your input.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Well, I think it's either having everything default to All or having everything default to A

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Sobuno wrote:Well, I think it's either having everything default to All or having everything default to A
All would put an unwanted stress on the servers, would it not? And Jedi is the only profession that has an empty list for "A", that is why an exception would be appropriate :D

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Well, I think it's either having everything default to All or having everything default to A
All would put an unwanted stress on the servers, would it not? And Jedi is the only profession that has an empty list for "A", that is why an exception would be appropriate :D

/Zimoon

The page has no way of knowing whether you just selected the Jedi category or if you selected it a few clicks back. And we can't just have clicks on the A redirect to All all the time

The best I can do is this:

Current selection: Jedi -> A
Your current selection returned no results.

You searched for Schematics starting with A. Click here to see all schematics within the selected profession/skill instead.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:

/Zimoon

The page has no way of knowing whether you just selected the Jedi category or if you selected it a few clicks back. And we can't just have clicks on the A redirect to All all the time

The best I can do is this:

Current selection: Jedi -> A
Your current selection returned no results.

You searched for Schematics starting with A. Click here to see all schematics within the selected profession/skill instead.
Fair enough :D

/hug

/Zimoon