Adding in resources and stats

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Asadore
Novice Crafter

Adding in resources and stats

Post by Asadore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:20 pm

Am I missing something? Or do you need to be pick planet, then type in resource name, then pick resource type, then type in stats? Is there a faster way adding in resource with stats?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:19 pm

There should be a text pane, exactly as at the old, rusty SWGCraft.com.

Choose Current Resources and bottommost is that pane.

Great to see yet another submitter :)

/Z

mikey10104
Novice Crafter

How do I submit stats and recs

Post by mikey10104 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:03 am

I am trying to figure out how to submit Recs on here. Can some one help me out here, plz
Ko-Ant Surge
MLT-Guild Elder
Ace's High, Talus
Lowca

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: How do I submit stats and recs

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:28 am

mikey10104 wrote:I am trying to figure out how to submit Recs on here. Can some one help me out here, plz
I see the README link is still void :(

I believe the syntax is the same as the old SWGCraft.com, isn't it so Devs?

Example:
swgcraft_start
Zimoonoo,Desh Copper,123,456,678, etc in the order they appear in-game
swgcraft_end

Did that do the trick? You can always test at the test galaxy.

Ace
Novice Crafter

Post by Ace » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:44 am

OK my Mailsave looks like these, how I add the Stats in it?

SWG.Gorath.interplanetary survey droid
Interplanetary Survey: Tatooine - Flora Resources
TIMESTAMP: 1193730940
Incoming planetary survey report...

\#pcontrast3 Planet: \#pcontrast1 Tatooine
\#pcontrast3 Resource Class: \#pcontrast1 Flora Resources

\#pcontrast3 Resources located...\#.

Flora Food
Cereal
Corn
Domesticated Corn
Tatooinian Domesticated Corn
\#pcontrast1 Bawiba\#.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:12 pm

I don't think you add in any resource stats at all in the mail. That is just a simple way to let everybody else know what has spawned and despawned. If stats are important to these guys they are capable of hunting down the stats themselves. In that respect the ISDroid mails are great, we know what is gone and what is new.

To be able to add the stats, create a text snippet like this one:

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
name_1,res_class_1,stat1,stat2,stat3,stat4
name_2,res_class_2,stat1,stat2,stat3,stat4
etc.
swgcraft_end
and paste it into the text area at the bottom of the Current Resources page, one planet at a time.

This is a bit tedious, yes. That is why I am pottering with a tool named SWGAide (in my sig) that not to far ahead will semi-automate this process for you :)

/Zimoon

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:53 pm

I use the parser at the old site still to convert my Survey Droid emails to a more user friendly format.

http://www.swgcraft.com/isdtest.php

I then change the text format to be the one SWGCraft uses (as shown above by Zimoon). You can do this by "find and replace" in whatever text editor you use to remove unneeded text and to change the hyphens to commas.

Then I copy and paste that into the in-game notepad and update the stats.

One final copy and paste from the in-game notepad for each individual planet of SWGCraft's add resources page and my resources are updated :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Adding in resources and stats

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm

I am somewhat in the same boat here in that I just don't find the updating resources/stats process all that intuitive by comparison to the old SWGCraft site and to be honest even that could have been made more user friendly.

Perhaps I am missing a step in the process itself and perhaps there is a much easier way via third party that I am not using but as it stands I am not enthusiastic about adding resources.
As it currently stands it seems easier to go back to the old site to add data.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Last time I looked at it it was pretty much the same UI as the .com site, which I didn't like and tapped Trokk several times for.

YOu may want to have a look at the little tool linked to in my signature. It has "its own" thread in the forum named "3rd party tool" at this site. At the moment it requires you to use ISDroids for gathering the data but I somewhere at my backlog I have noted "add support for manual input" ;)

Welcome over here, finally :D

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Hehe thanks...

I think my biggest complaint with this process is that there is no function to just add a resource while in the relevant section (this was the same at both sites although the floating window at the old .com site helped a little) I really hate that I have to scroll back to top or to the bottom of the page to add a resource.
I have also noticed that with site you can't just add a resource name and see if it was available elsewhere like the old site.

As I have said I am new here there may be something I am missing but at this stage it just doesn't feel the same or as simple.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 am

Monty Burns wrote:Hehe thanks...

I think my biggest complaint with this process is that there is no function to just add a resource while in the relevant section (this was the same at both sites although the floating window at the old .com site helped a little) I really hate that I have to scroll back to top or to the bottom of the page to add a resource.

Ctrl-End

I have also noticed that with site you can't just add a resource name and see if it was available elsewhere like the old site.

Ouch, what happens then?

The other day I just added a name to mark a as available which was erratically marked as unavailable. That worked. You talk about a name that does not exist in the database at all, right? Hopefully Slybuno sees this ;)

As I have said I am new here there may be something I am missing but at this stage it just doesn't feel the same or as simple.
Red

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Monty Burns wrote: I have also noticed that with site you can't just add a resource name and see if it was available elsewhere like the old site.

Ouch, what happens then?

The other day I just added a name to mark a as available which was erratically marked as unavailable. That worked. You talk about a name that does not exist in the database at all, right? Hopefully Slybuno sees this ;)

When parsing the note field, the following happens:

Code: Select all

if first line == 'swgcraft_start' then (Advanced mode)
	foreach line
		if line == 'swgcraft_end'
			break (Ends the foreach)
		else
			explode by comma (Splits the line in chunks that was previously separated by the ,)
			Add resource name to session
			if resource already exists
				Add resource class to session
				if sum of stats in database > 0
					add database stats to session
				else
					add user stats to session
				end if
			else
				Find resource class in database based on the abbreviation entered by the user
				if resource class is found
					add resource class to session
					add user stats to session
				end if
			end if
		endif
	end foreach
else (Simple mode)
	select type of exploding (Comma, space, linebreak). First one to be found usable is used (So comma takes prefence over space which takes preference over linebreak)
	foreach entry
		Add resource name to session
		if resource already exists
			Add resource class to session
			add database stats to session
		end if
	end foreach
end if

add server to session
add planet to session
forward the user to add_resources.php
So if you're using the advanced mode, you would have typed the stats in already and it wouldn't matter if the resource already existed or not. Using the simple mode, you would notice the stats already being entered after you've been sent to the add_resources.php page and could just disregard the resource. You are right in that it doesn't give you any notice on the add_resources.php page when entering resources manually (By inputting information in each field).[/color]

Red

/Zimoon
Blue

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Ouch, what happens then?

The other day I just added a name to mark a as available which was erratically marked as unavailable. That worked. You talk about a name that does not exist in the database at all, right? Hopefully Slybuno sees this
I probably should explain how I add resources (which may be the fault in itself).

- Generally I will survey for say minerals.
- I then enter the names of all found into the system and let it determine what is new, verified and already there.
- I can then see what resources are there and complete and what aren't.
- I then fill in the blanks in terms of stats.
- I then remove all the unavailable resources and mark as complete.

The problem I am having here is that even if the mineral is present and marked it still pops up with the full window (requiring stats to be entered).

I also eluded to not liking having to scroll back to the top/bottom of the page to add resources, I am wondering whether it would be possible to attach an "add" option to the each sub-category that opens a pop up window similar to the old sites one, maybe next to the check button you have for marking a resource as unavailable?

I am sorry if this is a little vague but my computer programming knowledge is basically non-existent so if I am asking the impossible then I will accept your word for it but I really think it would be a more enjoyable process if the data entry system was easier.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Monty Burns wrote:
Ouch, what happens then?

The other day I just added a name to mark a as available which was erratically marked as unavailable. That worked. You talk about a name that does not exist in the database at all, right? Hopefully Slybuno sees this
I probably should explain how I add resources (which may be the fault in itself).

- Generally I will survey for say minerals.
- I then enter the names of all found into the system and let it determine what is new, verified and already there.
If you are entering them in the text field at the current resources page in simple mode (No swgcraft_start or _end), it should automatically fill out stats if the resource is already in the database (And somebody has entered the stats):
[attachment=1]Capture2.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Capture3.JPG[/attachment]

This method allows you to see what resources are already in the database with stats, which ones are in the database without stats (Class is still auto-selected) and which ones are not in the database at all

- I can then see what resources are there and complete and what aren't.
- I then fill in the blanks in terms of stats.
- I then remove all the unavailable resources and mark as complete.

The problem I am having here is that even if the mineral is present and marked it still pops up with the full window (requiring stats to be entered).
By your description, it sounds like you're using the manual way of adding resources to the site. Using the textfield would automatically input the stats and class if they are present in the database. The advanced mode (swgcraft_start & end) would still have you inputting stats before finding out that it is already entered, but the simple mode would input the stats (As seen in the screenshots above) automatically before you get a chance to input any stats.

I also eluded to not liking having to scroll back to the top/bottom of the page to add resources, I am wondering whether it would be possible to attach an "add" option to the each sub-category that opens a pop up window similar to the old sites one, maybe next to the check button you have for marking a resource as unavailable?
A window with a textfield that acts just like the one at the bottom of the page? Should be possible

I am sorry if this is a little vague but my computer programming knowledge is basically non-existent so if I am asking the impossible then I will accept your word for it but I really think it would be a more enjoyable process if the data entry system was easier.

Blau

(Hope you understand my semi-broken English, I blame the school!
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Notice how the two resources that already exist already has stats and class associated with them
Capture3.JPG (47.44 KiB) Viewed 11400 times
Capture2.JPG
Notice how two of the resources (Febisir and Enoris) already exist
Capture2.JPG (46.14 KiB) Viewed 11398 times

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Sobuno wrote:A window with a textfield that acts just like the one at the bottom of the page? Should be possible
The window I am talking would be similar to the "Add Resources (popup window - test)" option that is on the old site but instead of the link being at the top of the page as it is on the .com site it would be a link on each sub-category ie. minerals, chemicals etc. that way it would be possible add data and remain in the same category which would lead to much less scrolling.