Lobiine wrongly marked as depleted

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Lobiine wrongly marked as depleted

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

don't know what happened but suddenly resource DB does not respond

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

--------------- neh, working again
Last edited by Zimoon on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ssss

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm

I also noticed some copper added wrongly today, this was when I was updating, so I thought I had added it :P Wasnt on my 30k deed so I marked it as unavaliable.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Zimoon wrote:don't know what happened but suddenly resource DB does not respond
*Whistles innocently*

... Was taking a backup of the entire db :P

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:don't know what happened but suddenly resource DB does not respond
*Whistles innocently*

... Was taking a backup of the entire db :P
/flail! :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 pm

AtiInc wrote:I also noticed some copper added wrongly today, this was when I was updating, so I thought I had added it :P Wasnt on my 30k deed so I marked it as unavaliable.
Next time there are more than one that are not in 30k deed, post abt it here so we can delete the entries, plz

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Zimoon wrote:
AtiInc wrote:I also noticed some copper added wrongly today, this was when I was updating, so I thought I had added it :P Wasnt on my 30k deed so I marked it as unavaliable.
Next time there are more than one that are not in 30k deed, post abt it here so we can delete the entries, plz
Will do cap'n.

Weltenstreuner
Novice Crafter

Post by Weltenstreuner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:13 am

Hi all,

I am so sorry, you are right I used the wrong galaxy. I startet on chimera but changed over to FarStar because a friend of mine is playing there. Seems I forgot to swich it here too. Are you able to change my ressources to another galaxy?
I spent the thursday in checking all metal ressources in the galaxy (FarStar) and my added ressources are current ressources. Now that we found out that I was working with the wrong galaxy everything should work well again.

Weltenstreuner.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:19 am

Weltenstreuner wrote:Hi all,

I am so sorry, you are right I used the wrong galaxy. I startet on chimera but changed over to FarStar because a friend of mine is playing there. Seems I forgot to swich it here too. Are you able to change my ressources to another galaxy?
I spent the thursday in checking all metal ressources in the galaxy (FarStar) and my added ressources are current ressources. Now that we found out that I was working with the wrong galaxy everything should work well again.

Weltenstreuner.
No worries, we are well aware of the fact that this kind of mistakes may happen. But it is better to deal with them than shut out anybody willing to submit and contribute to the awesome SWG community, is it not?

I have no access to the database and even if so I do not know if it had been possible to "move" your contributions to any other galaxy. I am sorry but your hard work is lost when I erased all of your submissions late yesterday night, the only feature I have access to.

I also reverted some of those "depletions" you had submitted, but only for resources younger than 6 days.

What I can do, if you really, really want to, is to to try to parse your submissions from SWGAide's internal repository. But I'd rather spend my time at continue to code on the schematics support.

For Chimaerians
Chim should be fine again, perhaps a few resources are depleted that should not but after another batch of ISDroids covering all planets and resource types we should be fine.

For general knowledge on SWGAide
Also completely false entries are retained for a few days, but they cause no harm. As soon as SWGAide believes they are depleted --- when they no longer exist in the exported resource file from SWGCraft --- they turn into depleted state. Their IS numbers are not recycled by SWGCraft, which is great, so no clash in ID will occur.

For Welt
Have a go on SWGAide and ISDroids, I believe that will help you quite a lot. You had some spelling mistakes on resource names (same resources submitted with minor mistakes between the names so they looked like different resources) which is impossible for ISDroids as the names come from SWG itself in a mail.

SWGAide also has a feature for manual submissions: Resources >>> Submit Manually.
This feature interacts with an in-game notes file named "rem.txt" (open in-game with "/note rem") so I use to sit in-game and fill in the creature resources reading the 30k resource deed, takes abt 15 to 45 minutes a day depending on how much I type chat meanwhile :lol:

SWGAide comes with a lot of Help text. Just press F1 when you are at the window you need help with.

Greetings
/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Zimoon wrote:I am sorry but your hard work is lost when I erased all of your submissions late yesterday night, the only feature I have access to.
Not quite, all deleted resources are actually kept in the database, just in a seperate area.

I've restored the following resources to FarStar:
Quadtrisaraisin
Omniwism
Ovipiti
Oarikacete
Oasuwet
Drimohesis
Girloipaudine
Liepar
Egouwine
Asmonsis
The rest of the resources you added have since then already been added to the database and have thus not been restored.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I am sorry but your hard work is lost when I erased all of your submissions late yesterday night, the only feature I have access to.
Not quite, all deleted resources are actually kept in the database, just in a seperate area.

I've restored the following resources to FarStar:
Quadtrisaraisin
Omniwism
Ovipiti
Oarikacete
Oasuwet
Drimohesis
Girloipaudine
Liepar
Egouwine
Asmonsis
The rest of the resources you added have since then already been added to the database and have thus not been restored.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Are you not on vacation skiing? Or did I ... never mind, you did it :)

The highlighted resource was one that I noticed had several spellings, please verify it. There were at least one more, not sure which though.

Thanks Sobuno. Thanks Welt for your hard work and it's good that you finally found your way home :mrgreen:

/Zimoon