Expertise Huge Cargo Holds

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Expertise Huge Cargo Holds

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Hey,

Has anyone else noticed that the Huge Cargo Hold (POB only) granted by an expertise box has gone missing, only to be replaced by the Gunship Cargo Hold? I posted on the Structures trader on the official swg site, but haven't gotten any responses yet... just wondering if I'm bugged or they messed up the Ch8 update a little.

I crafted one to see what would happen. It makes the Gunship Cargo Hold (max resources produces 8k hold capacity), and activates (or just increments, if already activated) the Gunship Cargo Hold Crafting quota. Under normal circumstances, a 1 use schematic is rewarded for completing the Void Wing (tiers 1 - 5) Kill Quota's, and I'm sure that way is the only intended way to be able to craft the Gunship Cargo Holds.

Has Anyone here completed the Void Wing kill quota's? Does it give the correct Gunship Cargo Hold, or did they completely swap the expertise box with the kill quota reward and give out a Huge Cargo Hold (POB only)?

Yay bugs!
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Expertise Huge Cargo Holds

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Hmmm, I crafted a Huge Cargo Hold last week, I think I did see a Gunship Cargo Hold listed too. Ill go in game in a few minutes and check it out. :wink:

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Yeah, the Huge Cargo Hold (Starfighter only) is still in my datapad, and I crafted one recently too (post ch8-live). Some guildies were asking about the Huge POB one, and when I looked I couldn't find it - that's when I notice the Gunship one.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 pm

There never was a Huge POB Cargo hold, only a Starfighter one. The biggest POB cargo hold has always been the Large POB Cargo Hold. Unless my memory is faulty.

Edit - My memory is faulty. :oops:

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 am

I believe there used to be... or should have been.

Expertise box "Shipwright Schematic #1" says that it "grants two huge cargo hold schematics ..."

Starfighter is one. and they didn't make a Huge Y-8 (Large y8 does like 47k hold, heaven forbid what a Huge y8 would do)
Logic (not usually all that meaningful in regards to things SOE does) would assume the other Huge was for POB (non-y8 specific)

NarfBlinko
Novice Crafter

Post by NarfBlinko » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 pm

You are not crazy, the Gunship Cargo Hold from Expertise is a renamed Huge Cargo Hold (POB only). It uses identical resources and has identical stats to the previous HCH-POB, but I do not know if you can put it into a POB anymore. Not sure why you would want to mine with a standard POB, which is likely why they changed it.

The Void Wing Cargo hold has a 10k capacity and requires an extra 100 units of each resource.

The Crafting Quota Collection gives you a 3-use version of the Void Wing version of this hold.

I noticed it in testing, but thought maybe it was intended to work this way.

Seems much more likely that you are not supposed to get credit for the Expertise one, but that's what they get, naming them the exact same thing.
Narf
Keeper of the Pilot FAQ

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 am

It's been awhile since I crafted the Gunship Cargo Hold, don't remember the ending % (because I know I didn't 100 it)... but it's still on my vendor - 7497 capacity... Hmm..