Leavin'

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

kivasankari
Novice Crafter

Leavin'

Post by kivasankari » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:08 pm

I no longer have the time to play and keep up with SWG, and have canceled my account after my subscription runs out.

I wanted to give my most sincere thanks to those of you from SWGcraft.com for all the help you provided while I was learning. Most notably Xorbok, Eevaa, Zimmoon, Savacc, FeralMonkey, and Bangalore. I know I have left a few of you out, but please count yourself in if you're one of the helpers. Without you all I would have had an awful time trying to craft. As it was, with your help, it has been really fun. So thank you.

Also, I wanted to give back to someone who is crafting on Chimaera. I have loads of resources for Shipwright. They are all above 80% and almost all well above 90% of max. Seems a shame to let them go to waste. It represents a year and a half or two of checking resources and moving harvesters.

If there is an up and coming shipwright I would love to give them to you. Or even an established shipwright on Chimaera. Let me know in this thread. I'll probably give them to the first person interested. It might take me a little while to get back to you though.

I know I have been a minor player on the forums, posting my questions once in a while and looking for answers, helping in the rare occasions that I could, but to you that were always there with friendly advice, I want you to know that you made the game and the forums enjoyable.

Thank you
Kivasankari
Half of being a genius is just looking around every once in a while to make sure you're not doing anything stupid.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:56 pm

I wish you welcome back to SWG any time. I know perfectly well that sometimes we all lack the time for play and real life takes a heavy toll. Whenever you feel for coming back, we'll be here, or somebody else will be :)

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:36 pm

I would say that all of us have taken "breaks" from the game, from time to time, especially as RL intrudes into game time. I would advise you not to give away all of your great resources, as you may want to come back at some point. If you ever have questions about how the old game is doing, you know where to find us. :)
Have a Merry Christmas and Good life,
Savacc

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:56 pm

Farewell and GL in whatever you do. I certainly wouldn't recommend giving away those resources though unless you are 100% certain you aren't coming back.

kivasankari
Novice Crafter

Post by kivasankari » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:50 am

Once again, thanks for the advice!

How long will the resources stick around after my account expires though, assuming I paid my house taxes up through the end of time?
Half of being a genius is just looking around every once in a while to make sure you're not doing anything stupid.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:51 am

Forever, or until SOE pulls the plug on the game. The worst that will happen is that your houses may someday get "purged" into your data pad. But If you decide to come back, you just place them again. Anything on a vendor, though, you are going to lose, so empty them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:08 am

kivasankari wrote:Once again, thanks for the advice!

How long will the resources stick around after my account expires though, assuming I paid my house taxes up through the end of time?
Pay them up with your best Trader to get the 20% deduction, remember that the structure will self-withdraw maintenance from your bank account so you don't need to top it up with cash which you cannot get back at a later point.

To be a nice guy, pick up the house in your datapad since that free up the land for other players. Didn't we all hate those houses in the worlds that nobody ever used. Hey what fun when we finally could blow them up in June :twisted: Just into the owners' datapads but whatever 8)

And welcome back whenever

/Zimoon

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:29 am

/cry

sorry to see you go, do stop back in from time to time just to say HI though :)
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa