bespin port and pyrollin cake

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

scepe
Novice Crafter

bespin port and pyrollin cake

Post by scepe » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:07 pm

please can some tell me in what order these should be used
Any shipwright information greatly appreciated as its a big galaxy out there
Also looking for droid engineer, other shipwrights and any other uk players on the bria server

Astari_Shipyards
Novice Crafter

Re: bespin port and pyrollin cake

Post by Astari_Shipyards » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Eat the cake before your assembly (once all the resources are selected)...I think it has a duration so one dose works for your entire crafting session? Bespin port is different....use one dose before each experimentation, and the dose is consumed when you push the button to experiment.

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am

Astari_Shipyards wrote:Eat the cake before your assembly (once all the resources are selected)...I think it has a duration so one dose works for your entire crafting session? Bespin port is different....use one dose before each experimentation, and the dose is consumed when you push the button to experiment.
Correct on the Port - drink one before each experimentation box, the buff is consumed each time.

But Cake will be consumed after the assembly, and doesn't 'stick', there's no duration. Nor would it matter much if it did, since the assembly is done, and you'd overwrite it with the Port immediately anyway!

Never having been a shipwright, I could not say whether assembly is even a concern to you. I was under the impression it was only of value to those crafters whose items can have sockets.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 am

I put off replying to this because I was 90-99% sure that the Poly Cake is consumed after each Assembly, but I had that slight doubt and was waiting for for someone else to confirm, or to remember to use the Cake in game myself and see.

Tinsel makes the point that Poly Cake is not used much by Structures Traders, because increasing Assembly Skill is not that important to us.

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm

I use the cake on those projects I really don't want to mess up: gunboats, limited use schematics, etc.
/Ibaum

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:46 pm

What exactly happens when you do in fact "mess up"? I was again under the impression that assembly failures were removed from gameplay, even failures for socketed items still results in a perfect (albeit socketless) creation.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Tinsel wrote:What exactly happens when you do in fact "mess up"? I was again under the impression that assembly failures were removed from gameplay, even failures for socketed items still results in a perfect (albeit socketless) creation.
If you are less then "Master" level and have less than 100 points in Assembly, you can get Assembly results less then "great" or "amazing". Once you reach "Master" level and have at least 100 Assembly skill, you only get "great" and "amazing" Assembly results (which are identical).
Years ago it was possible to "critically fail" on Assembly. Your crafting session ended and you lost all resources. :shock: The first Large House I ever tried to make, I "critically failed" on. I wanted to cry. :( They removed the "crit fail" chance for Architects and Shipwrights (even before they were paired tn the NGE), then later, for everyone.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:50 am

Savacc wrote:Years ago it was possible to "critically fail" on Assembly. Your crafting session ended and you lost all resources. :shock: The first Large House I ever tried to make, I "critically failed" on. I wanted to cry. :( They removed the "crit fail" chance for Architects and Shipwrights (even before they were paired tn the NGE), then later, for everyone.
I cried when i lost mutant rancor DNA (as BE i need 5 DNA to make a pet, and mutant rancor DNA was really difficult to obtain). That was for me the reason to go for crafting jedi. After i got that i never lost DNA again... (of course 1 year later Be was removed :(

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE