X-Wing Advanced Loadout:

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

scepe
Novice Crafter

Re: X-Wing Advanced Loadout:

Post by scepe » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Simply fly thru your freelancer squadron untill you obtain the disruptor at tier 4 box 2 then drop pilot, rinse and repeat

hi all please explain what is ment by rinse when the above sentance was used when refering to remastering squadrons
also if you were to say master freelance pilot and then do one of the other pilots then return to freelance would you have to redo it all or will it put you back to master/ace (abit like the respec device does)
Any shipwright information greatly appreciated as its a big galaxy out there
Also looking for droid engineer, other shipwrights and any other uk players on the bria server

nomassmail
Novice Crafter

Post by nomassmail » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:53 pm

When you drop a space faction you lose all of your space xp. This means that when you sign up at another or the same faction again you will start from scratch like you did the first time. However, you will get bonus xp if you have mastered at least one space faction. If you compared this to the class respec system, it would be like dropping from level 90 to level 1 but getting 2x/3x/4x the xp as you level up again. I would also recommend (as Laidbacca stated) that you outfit a high mass starter fighter before dropping the squadron and starting again.

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:38 pm

scepe wrote:
Simply fly thru your freelancer squadron untill you obtain the disruptor at tier 4 box 2 then drop pilot, rinse and repeat

hi all please explain what is ment by rinse when the above sentance was used when refering to remastering squadrons
also if you were to say master freelance pilot and then do one of the other pilots then return to freelance would you have to redo it all or will it put you back to master/ace (abit like the respec device does)
Hi there, its simply meant as a term to redo the pilot squadrons time and again, master one, unlearn it, master it again, unlearn it etc etc etc. If you have allready mastered several squadrons, ie a couple of rebel or imp one (there are 9 total) you receive bonus xp, this makes remastering the same squadron extremely quick (you receive at max, quadruple xp, add in an ent bonus and the 1mill tier 4 boxes go very quickly). Redoing the same squadron is really only for one purpose though and thats aquiring squadron reward loot, freelancer is the fastest for aquiring borstel disruptors as they are given as a reward on tier 4, box 2 (level 8 equipment).

Once you learn a squadron you are only an ace for that squadron at that moment in time untill such times as you unlearn/drop the squadron by talking to a pilot co ordinator, once dropped even when about to redo the same squadron as you just dropped you then start of as a rookiee pilot. As i outlined in an earlier post, outfit a heavy variant of the same faction before redoing a same faction squadron.

Jamiser
Novice Crafter

Post by Jamiser » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:56 pm

One of the best spots to farm space parts is Blackscales in Kash. They are located near the Avatar platfrom. Tier 3s and 4s that only aggro the one you shoot at. This is a persistant spawn and you can fill inventory with loot in 1-2 hours. Land at Kash, sort through the parts you have, sell the junk (there is a chassis dealer at Kash starport), launch and refill inventory again. Repeat as often as you have the time to spend. This is also a good place to get xp if you are remastering another faction and don't care about getting GCW (ships are neutral)

Jamiser

Astari_Shipyards
Novice Crafter

Post by Astari_Shipyards » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:44 pm

For some reason I always seem to get more and better loot grinding out a squadron than farming a static spawn. That being said, I find that duty missions give a decent drop rate. If you fly an advanced Xwing, it means you're probably able to use the tier 4 squadron commander on Lok (Akron's Havoc squadron?) who gives missions against the black suns. This gives the best shot in the game of looting a black sun ace helmet. You can keep getting these missions even after becoming an ace. (unless you have active missions for Nova Orion)

Anyway, my version of the dream setup for an advanced Xwing for PVE is built around RE'd level 8 parts. These should all have a mass under 25k but your results may vary. You'll want 2-3 guns (based on borstel), engine (based on QID...it's not an Awing, but this ship is pretty quick with a 8 engine, no need for a L10 for pve), and shield (based on squadron reward 2400hp f/r). That's 100-125k mass. (If you're an accurate shooter, go 3 guns....if you spray and pray a lot, go with 2)

Find a reactor that can power it all on L4 overload, should be under 15k mass. Probably level 7 but use what works. (you need enough energy to power weapons, engine, and cap with all L4 overloads)

Squeeze in the highest output (energy and regen rate) capacitor you can get. A RE'd L6 should work at under 10k mass. A level 8 will be closer to 25k mass. (you can RE a level 2 capacitor with 1000 energy and 40 regen, but this ship will want better. I use a 38k mass L10 REd cap)

This will take you to 130k-165k mass tops (depending on 2 or 3 guns). Use the rest to squeeze in a booster, DI, and armor. This setup will laugh at most PVE content as you have insane firepower, great shields, and a cap to support it all.

So yeah: 3x L8 guns, L8 engine and shield. L7 REd reactor (12k mass, 33k gen), 38k mass L10 cap, L4 REd front armor, L1 REd DI, L1 crafted booster and rear armor. It all fits. Barely.

scepe
Novice Crafter

Post by scepe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:51 pm

When i load out the heavy syck do i have to load it out with level 1 parts or is it a game flaw that i can use higher level parts if its pre kited before i reset the pilot level
Any shipwright information greatly appreciated as its a big galaxy out there
Also looking for droid engineer, other shipwrights and any other uk players on the bria server