General Crafting station in a Diner?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

General Crafting station in a Diner?

Post by Swedishoyster » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:23 am

The mighty Enzyme Centrifuge is made by a structure trader, using structure experimentation BUT a General Crafting Tool and a General Crafting Station, so when I sneaked in to my local Diner to make those the schematic wasn't available as there wasn't any General Crafting Station inside, I then had to go back "home" and make it, loosing a whole experimentation box (or "plupp" as we say in Sweden). As I don't own a Diner of my own I have no chance to try this, but would it be possible to get 14 experimentation point even on BM-stuff (well, everything using a general tool/station instead of a structure tool/station) if the Diner owner was to put in a General Crafting Station there?
As far as I can tell the Diner bonus and the simulated Crafting Stations buffs are apart, so theorethically it should work right? Anyone seen this setup on Chimaera? /waypoint?

If this indeed work it could maybe find it's way inside that advanced architect guide, as the difference is in the millions worth of credits, and architect really need all the breaks it can get on that side...
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Re: General Crafting station in a Diner?

Post by AtiInc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 am

My diner is open to public use, has all 45.0 stations in it. I will get the waypoint later!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 pm

My understanding is that the diner has an inherent Food Crafting Station and Structure Crafting Station, but not the other three (General, Wearable and Starship). My understanding also is that the bonus is only to Food Experimentation Skill and Structure Experimentation Skill. So anything that used a General/Weapon/Droid Crafting Tool and Station would not get the bonus.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 am

Savacc wrote:My understanding also is that the bonus is only to Food Experimentation Skill and Structure Experimentation Skill. So anything that used a General/Weapon/Droid Crafting Tool and Station would not get the bonus.
Yes, but the for example Enzyme Centrifuges are made with a General Tool but is using Structure Experimentation, so my question/theory was that with a General Crafting Station put in the diner I should be able to get 14 "plupps", as the +experimentation buff is apart from the crafting station buff inside.

I guess there is only one way to find out...

AtiInc, hows that /wp coming along? :-)

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:10 am

Swedishoyster wrote:
Savacc wrote:My understanding also is that the bonus is only to Food Experimentation Skill and Structure Experimentation Skill. So anything that used a General/Weapon/Droid Crafting Tool and Station would not get the bonus.
Yes, but the for example Enzyme Centrifuges are made with a General Tool but is using Structure Experimentation, so my question/theory was that with a General Crafting Station put in the diner I should be able to get 14 "plupps", as the +experimentation buff is apart from the crafting station buff inside.

I guess there is only one way to find out...

AtiInc, hows that /wp coming along? :-)
/way Lok -5811 -634

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Thank you, I'm happy to say that it work. I did get 14 experimentation points and my Enzyme Centrifuge went from 3.0 Purity / 0.72 Mutagen to 3.0 Purity / 0.88 Mutagen. (3 amazings wooo).

Will post screenshots later...

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 pm

I stand corrected :oops:

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:47 am

Yea, as you've found out, two separate issues. The diner's bonus is to food experimentation and structure experimentation. That does not depend on which station/tool you use to craft.

Personally, I don't trust the rating of the built-in station -- that seemed more like convenience to me. While I can't guarantee that using my capped stations in the diner is what I end up when I am crafting (instead of the built-in), I at least feel better knowing they are in there with me.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:42 pm

There was an exotic dancer in my diner and I was not informed? :x

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:30 am

AtiInc wrote:
There was an exotic dancer in my diner and I was not informed? :x
haha yeah, when I got there I realized that I was harvester faire buffed and not architect buffed so I had to bring my ent there as well :-)

Oh and a business suggestion for ya, put a vendor in there with all the basic needs for a poor crafter, like Pylonian Cake and Bespin Port, I ran out of it mid craft and had to ask a guildie to bring me some as I could find no vendor selling bespin port in your city.
Seems to me that most (not all though) Architect BM-stuff is non-manufacturable so you go through a lot of Bespin Port making Enzyme Centrigues and Incubator Units etc.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm

The Architect buff from Entertainers only buffs assembly and XP, neither is particularly useful to a Master Architect. The Luck buff would be more useful. Years ago, before the current Trader Expertize (was that Chapter 8?) the Trader bonus to Resource Quality was in the Entertainer Buff. So if you were crafting anything where quality mattered, you only crafted if you had the Entertainer Buff. Now that the Resource Quality bonus is an expertise box, the Entertainer buff is no longer essential.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:25 pm

I always use both structure and luck, I was under the impression that +Assembly increase the chance of an Amazing?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 pm

nvm --- I will learn to read more carefully next time :oops:
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: blush

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:I always use both structure and luck, I was under the impression that +Assembly increase the chance of an Amazing?
It does, it increases your chance of getting an "amazing success" in ASSEMBLY. However, since "amazing" and "great" successes are exactly the same in Assembly, you will get the same results whether you buff assembly or not.

There are crafters who claim that high Assembly Skill somehow affects Experimentation Rolls. I dont buy it. No one has been able to "prove" it, and the few people who have tried to test this theory have found no evidence, so far.

Please note I am well aware of the importance of high Assembly Skill in guaranteeing an item has a "socket", but this is the Architect Forum, and nothing an Architect can make has a "socket".

Edit- I must have started my post before Z finished, because I didnt see his post till after mine. Hmmm, that would mean it took me 20 minutes to write mine, do I really write that slow? :shock:
Now Z has deleted his post, :lol: