another silly question regarding crafting suits...

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

another silly question regarding crafting suits...

Post by Tech Twin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm still trying to grasp the crafting in SWG (how I long for my pre-CO commando! haha) and while I'm not looking to delve into REing I am interested in a crafting suit for structures. I've check nearly all the guides and don't see anything that details what a crafting suite comprises of or contains.

Can someone please give me a breakdown of what to look for? Obviosuly I'm looking for structure experimentation and assembly but how many pieces? what slots, etc.?

Thanks.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: another silly question regarding crafting suits...

Post by Savacc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:59 pm

There is only one reason to have a Structures Crafting Suit and that is to make Harvesters, and even then, it is only to make larger hopper sizes on the harvesters, as anyone can max the BER on a harvester without a suit.

Assembly Skill is not that useful to Structures. The biggest thing high Assembly Skill does is insure that an item will have a "socket", but Structures Traders do not make anything with "socketts". Artisan Skills are not too useful either, only Crafting Stations use it, but because of the "bugs" involved, you cant use the extra experimentation points anyway. So my advice is to look for Structure Experimentation Skill only.

All Experimentation Skill tapes are "exotic", this means they can only be put on shirts, breastplates and weapons. Go for a +8 to skill on all three pieces. If you get +24 skill from your suit, you can then combine that with +6 from either a Diner or the Helper Monkey to get +30 and 3 more experimentation points. You get 10 from regular skill and one from expertise, so the highest total you can get is 14 experimentation points.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:37 pm

I see. So unless I'm trying to max the hoppers I can do with out the suit? I'm just focusing on the BER right now to get me started.

So does it work similarly for my Droid Engineer? Obviously It's a different skill set but is it also "exotic?"

Thanks for the info Savacc. You guys are doing a great job with the site... I look forward to contribute my resource scouting with the community.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm

I may be wrong but I don´t think there is anything for DE that needs a super-suit. However, it seems more or less confirmed that Luck helps while experimenting (for all traders), plus, DEs that do RE want that skill enhanced.
/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:30 pm

I was going to mention adding Luck to a crafting suit, sorry I forgot. :oops:

Never been a DE, so I bow to Z's wisdom there. Engineers make the Weapon Attachments and PuPs, so an RE suit would be useful. Do crafted weapons always have a socket? Or does an Engineer want high Weapon Assembly to guarentee a socket?

All Experimentation and Assembly Skills are "exotics". Wait till you try and make a crafting suit for a Shipwright. :roll:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:54 am

The only weapon a DE can craft is the Decorative Knife, which sole purpose is for RE-ing, so one always want sockets on these. However, since one manufactures them and the material is cheap one can do without an assembly suit, just rinse and repeat until a socket is achieved and then do the manufacture schematic. But REChance/Luck, yes, such a suit is probably a must. And then throw in assembly at the same time.

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 pm

awesome. Thanks for the help everyone! :)