Another question about heavy harvesters

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Another question about heavy harvesters

Post by Savacc » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:
Savacc wrote: In any event, getting three "amazings" should not result in a lessor product then only one "amazing". The system does not work that way, I have never had it happen to me and not heard of that from anyone else. I dont make a lot of the pumps, but have made lots of Crafting Stations. Did you say you are not lvl 90 yet? That might be part of the problem, if you are getting "fair" or "good" experimentation results. If you dont have the Expertise boxes that could do it too. If the problem persists after you are cl 90 and have the expertise, then its possible your character is "bugged". :shock: Let's hope that's not the case. :?

Actually Savacc I have had this happen to me numerous times when making Crafting Stations, and trust me I followed your guide to the T. I have tried mentioning this problem before and most everyone that I talk to tells me it's impossible but I have seen it with my own eyes. As best I can describe this is what happens: I use a ridiculously high CD copper (current copper is 995) and some gem or ore plus capped components made by UncleFester to make the initial craft. Then I experiment one box at a time in my research city and get multiple amazings ending in a craft that is less than 44.999992 and two experimentation points left over. I then take the exact same resources and components to a public crafting station to avoid the city bonus, drink port until I get a single amazing then finish off with great successes and end with a 44.999992 station and only one experimentation point unused. My observation is that too many amazings prevents one of the boxes from 'resetting'. I have not had this happen to me when crafting anything else on many different traders so maybe my character is bugged. :(
That is interesting. :?
Does it still happen after GU12, using the non-bugged subcomponents?
Z, Andhi, 0nyx, Narf, have any of you seen or heard something like this before?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 pm

No, I have not.
Whenever I hear about really odd things I usually recommend to use the old Launchpad and do a full scan. But, since people seldom give feedback on if it worked or not ... 8)

I am uncertain if there is any equal feature in the new launchpad, is that perhaps the delete-scan-cache and log-out/log-in? I haven't tested that.

/Zimoon

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:35 am

Imperial Outpost wrote:
toobin wrote:
I don't normally push my site on here, but I think you'd benefit from a look - http://traderswg.com.

Ah so your still around, very nice site indeed, but needs the elite harvesters added
:wink:

greetz

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:27 am

NaeBliss wrote: Ah so your still around, very nice site indeed, but needs the elite harvesters added
:wink:
I lurk in the background! :) Thanks for the heads up on the elites - I'll get it sorted. *EDIT: Done!*

toobin
Novice Crafter

Post by toobin » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:09 am

Running into a small problem using the utility on Traderswg.com - hopefully someone can help me out...

Using the resources from my inventory, a BER 7 heavy harvesting mechanism should be possible:

Unfortunately, I've kept at it for quite some time and I do not believe I can craft a BER 7 with that steel, which totals only 956 towards quality. If I'm missing something or doing something wrong please let me know! Otherwise I'm not sure how to get a heavy and advanced harvesting mechanism at max ber :P

Also, I was able to use that steel (Atitobsis) for crafting all of my elite components - but only because I could slip in the higher quality iron (Onigaic) to lower the weight of the steel, I fear.

thanks in advance.

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Paria » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:06 am

From Guide: Harvester Crafting
Tech Twin wrote:How do we know if we have a real 99% or bugged 99%? It’s all in the BER. For Mining Units the magical number is 7. If we have a Mining Unit with a 7 BER then we capped it, if it’s only a 6 then a real 99% it is. To insure you hit the magical 7 BER it is essential that one experimentation roll be an “amazing” result. You cannot cap a Mining Unit with all “great successes.”
From this thread, 1st Savacc answer:
Savacc wrote:All of the subcomponant schematics for the Heavy Harvesters are "bugged" and can not be experimented to 100%, only 99%.
From my own experience I confirm that at least one amazing is required (a research center is great to get more amazings) :P
Arnh Stardust (Armorsmith or Shipwright) & Mamaria (Droids and Beasts crafter) in ORION on Lok (Chimaera server).

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 am

toobin wrote:Running into a small problem using the utility on Traderswg.com - hopefully someone can help me out...

Using the resources from my inventory, a BER 7 heavy harvesting mechanism should be possible:

Unfortunately, I've kept at it for quite some time and I do not believe I can craft a BER 7 with that steel, which totals only 956 towards quality. If I'm missing something or doing something wrong please let me know! Otherwise I'm not sure how to get a heavy and advanced harvesting mechanism at max ber :P
I did the sums with a piece of paper and pencil and I believe the problem to be with the way traderswg.com rounds the end figures. From those resources I had it at 99.85%, which the system has rounded to 100% - I did loads of testing when I wrote the script and found that most of the time it rounded correctly to the results produced in-game this way, but I think maybe I should have erred on the side of caution.

I've changed things around to always round down to the nearest whole number, but I've added the unrounded calculated value at the bottom as well.

The software won't pay any attention to bugged items in-game, like the crafting stations and the like. It also won't take into account how many experimentation points you have, where you are or the quality of the crafting tools you use. :oops: It just saves you a lot of time doing a lot of sums! :)

If you run the Heavy Harvesting Mechanism back through and you get 99% this time, you can click on Watch This Schematic at the bottom and you'll get an email through when better resources spawn.

Hope this helps and thanks for giving my tool a go! I appreciate it.

toobin
Novice Crafter

Post by toobin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:28 am

Cool, that explains a lot :)

Thanks a bunch for fixing the tool