Factories

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Factories

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 pm

LOL!

But thanks, that helped a lot.

- Akhor
Flurry

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:40 pm

omg! It all clicked! I get it now!

I just made a 92% crafting tool, and my biggest problem with my factory is keeping up with the resources - which will be easier now that I can make quality harvesters. Thank you all for you patience and help, I think I'm done with this thread. No more stupid questions... I hope. :)

- Akhor
Flurry

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Once upon a time before player-written guides, I imagine there were traders bumbling around in the dark, trying to make a worthwhile product, scratching their heads and muttering "wth". We are simply following in their footsteps.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Once upon a time before player-written guides, I imagine there were traders bumbling around in the dark, trying to make a worthwhile product, scratching their heads and muttering "wth". We are simply following in their footsteps.

Sounds like what I did. I don't remember having read any guides, didn't know anything about any resources being capped (I wonder how many great resources I threw away/disregarded!) and I don't even think I submitted much, if anything, to SWGCraft.com :P

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:26 pm

I guess without you all I would still be stumbling around in the dark. I have a deep appreciation for those who went through that - and then decided to shine a light so others could see the way.

Akhor bows deeply to SWGcraft

Anyway - another clarification. If a schematic calls for components and I want to make that in the factory, do those components have to be identical (made in a factory) or will the factory accept similar hand-crafted components?
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Depends on the components, but I found with power core units it didn't like my handcrafted turbine generators.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:55 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:If a schematic calls for components and I want to make that in the factory, do those components have to be identical (made in a factory) or will the factory accept similar hand-crafted components?
Been crafting since the beginning and I still stumble in the dark (note to self - turn on lights after drinking!)

The factory checks for indentical serial#'s on components and will only make as many as match. If you look at hand-crafted components or different runs of factory components, you will notice the serial#'s do not match. Its starting to get fun now isn't it?!!

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:43 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:...If a schematic calls for components and I want to make that in the factory, do those components have to be identical (made in a factory) or will the factory accept similar hand-crafted components?
That depends on if it reads "similar" or not, similar components do not need to have the same serial number, otherwise they must always have identical, even if it is just one component per item.

Beginners Guide for Traders wrote:
MUST READ wrote:
The Number One Question on factories in any crafting forum.

At the factory's input hopper you must also place exactly the same resources that were used while making the Manufacture Schematic. This means, if a Dolovite Iron named "Solohan" was used while making the schematic, then you must have more of that same resource named "Solohan" to run a factory batch. It is not sufficient to have Dolovite Iron but you must have Dolovite Iron named Solohan, both the TYPE NAME and the RESOURCE CLASS must be correct for the factory to start.

The same holds true for sub-components, they all must have serial numbers identical to the components used while making the schematic, they must come from crates. Thence, you must first manufacture the sub components to get crates of them, then you can create the manufacture schematic for the item you aim at.

Only if the term "Similar" is read at the schematic the components do not need to be "Identical". <<<<<<<
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 1652#p1652

/Zimoon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:45 pm

hehe, missed that in the guide again. :oops:

- Akhor
Flurry
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:20 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:hehe, missed that in the guide again. :oops:

- Akhor
Flurry
It still happens that people ask things that is not in the guide, I am all ears all the time and update it regularly. But how you can have missed this blurb with all the frames, bold letters, and everything, ythat is beyond me 8) ;)

/Zimoon